Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The blending of research with patient care is at the heart of everything we do. The institution is a comprehensive cancer center whose purposes are the treatment and control of cancer, the advancement of biomedical knowledge through laboratory and clinical research, and the training of scientists, physicians and other health care workers. MSK ranks in the top 20 on Forbes’ list of America’s best employers for diversity (https://mskcc.sharepoint.com/sites/pub-DiversityInclusion/SitePages/MSK-Ranks-in-Top-20-on-Forbes%E2%80%99-list-of-America%E2%80%99s-Best-Employers-For-Diversity.aspx).
The Endocrinology Service in the Department of Medicine at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is seeking applications for a full-time clinical faculty member with expertise in the evaluation and management thyroid cancer and thyroid nodules. The position will be based at the main MSK campus located in New York City.
The Endocrinology Service at MSK provides consultations for a 500-bed hospital, outpatient clinics, and support for a growing regional network. The Endocrinology Service includes an ACGME-accredited fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism and incorporates advanced practice providers in clinical activities. In addition to an internationally recognized program in thyroid cancer, the Endocrinology Service also provides specialized expertise in pituitary disease, adrenal tumors, metabolic bone disease associated with malignancy and cancer related therapies, hyperglycemia management in patients actively receiving oncologic treatment for other malignancies, and endocrine complications of immunotherapies.
- Clinically evaluate and manage patients with a wide range of endocrine conditions on the inpatient and outpatient clinical service
- In the outpatient clinical setting, primarily focus on management of thyroid cancer and thyroid nodules.
- Advance our research mission of discovery and innovation in thyroid cancer and thyroid nodules by supporting accrual to clinical trials, observational studies and acquisition of biospecimens.
- While not required, candidates can participate as a principal investigator or co-investigator on grants or contracts by competing for internal or external research awards to advance our research efforts related to thyroid cancer and/or thyroid nodules.
- Contribute to the teaching and research missions including supervising Endocrinology fellows, medical residents, medical students, and advance practice providers
- Participate in educational and quality assurance activities
- Serve on institutional and service committees
The ideal candidate should have:
- An M.D., M.D./Ph.D., or equivalent with excellent clinical, communication and team skills
- Board certification or board-eligible in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Licensure in the state of New York, or eligibility for a medical license in New York is required
- Outstanding clinical skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
Please send CV, a letter outlining your interest in the position, a statement of career interests and goals, and names/contact information of at least three references to: Cherryl Murray-Marone, Murrayemail@example.com
Compensation arrangements are competitive and commensurate with both experience and achievement. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.