COORS Leadership Capital has been retained by our client in York, Pennsylvania to identify an exceptional candidate to assume the role of Senior Director for Clinical Emergency Services for a high-volume, progressive, and expanding service line.
The Senior Director Clinical Emergency Services will have administrative oversight for all WellSpan York Hospital Emergency Services to include a high-volume Level-1 Trauma Center (Adult and Pediatric) with 85,000 annual visits, an ED Behavioral Health Unit, and a forensic nursing program that provides services across the system. In addition, WellSpan York Hospital is a Comprehensive Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center.
The Senior Director must have familiarity and ongoing networks to stay abreast of leading and emerging practices in the field, be confident and able to represent the company well internally and externally, have strong commitment to integrity with high standards, a reputation for being a team player with strong collaboration skills. Individual must have strong intellectual curiosity seeking new ways to accomplish the goals at hand and challenge the company to new levels of success, possess business acumen/strategic thinker - have an excellent grasp of the financial and economic drivers of the overall business and able to develop strategies aligned with critical priorities of the organization. One must also be able to think beyond financial and economic drivers in order to create a program that becomes the destination for Clinical Emergency services throughout the state and beyond. The Senior Director will have the ability to attract, retain, and motivate the individuals within the department. Senior Director must have a strong sense of urgency - deadline focused and driven, proven significant successful experience in high volume Clinical Emergency programs. The chosen individual must have an ability to work in a team environment matrix structure. The ideal candidate must be able to work with executives, physicians, and front-line staffs to ensure the most efficient and effective use of resources while constantly working towards the highest quality and standards of patient care.
The Senior Director Clinical Services will report to the Chief Operating Officer, York Hospital
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Provides administrative support for strategic growth and operational plans related to Emergency Care.
- Oversees all programmatic components, ensuring adherence to accreditation and regulatory standards to include Joint Commission, Trauma, Stoke and Cardiac certifications.
- Prepares annual capital and operating budgets.
- Establishes goals for the service line and cascades to direct reports.
- Works across a deeply matrixed organization and partners to achieve system initiatives in growth, operations, quality of care and safety.
- Collaborates with marketing to develop and implement marketing plans.
- Cultivates relationships with local EMS providers and first responders.
- Enhances the growth and development of the ED team.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the Lean Management System and drives progress towards achieving High-Reliability performance and innovation.
- Service oriented; fosters teamwork across WYH and the system.
- Implements contemporary operational and staffing models of care to improve patient throughput.
- Represents WHS and the service line at organization at the local, regional and national level.
Founded in 1741, the city of York and its beautifully restored historic district is an architectural treasure. While York retains its farming and manufacturing heritage, at its heart York is a thriving cultural community that has attracted creative talent and innovative entrepreneurial investors from across the nation.
Life in York County offers affordable housing, options for higher education, a thriving arts and cultural community, historical attractions, parks and recreational resources, semi-professional baseball team, fine dining and more within an easy drive of major East Coast cities, such as, Baltimore, Washington, D.C, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and New York.
Required Experience and Background:
Minimum Education Masters Degree
Minimum Experience 3 - 5 years of director level experience
Req Cert/Registration Registration and current RN license in PA or appropriate clinical specialty certification as required
***Excellent compensation and benefits package, relocation provided!***
Contact: Cheryl Coors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Hartz at email@example.com