COORS Leadership Capital has been retained by our client in York, Pennsylvania to identify an exceptional candidate to assume the role of Senior Director Heart & Vascular Services for a high-volume, progressive, and expanding service line.
The Senior Director Heart & Vascular Services will have administrative oversight for all WellSpan York Hospital Emergency Services to include a high-volume Level-1 Trauma Center (Adult and Pediatric) with 85,000 annual visits, an ED Behavioral Health Unit, and a forensic nursing program that provides services across the system. In addition, WellSpan York Hospital is a Comprehensive Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center.
The Senior Director must have familiarity and ongoing networks to stay abreast of leading and emerging practices in the field, be confident and able to represent the company well internally and externally, have strong commitment to integrity with high standards, a reputation for being a team player with strong collaboration skills. Individual must have strong intellectual curiosity seeking new ways to accomplish the goals at hand and challenge the company to new levels of success, possess business acumen/strategic thinker - have an excellent grasp of the financial and economic drivers of the overall business and able to develop strategies aligned with critical priorities of the organization. One must also be able to think beyond financial and economic drivers in order to create a program that becomes the destination for Clinical Emergency services throughout the state and beyond. The Senior Director will have the ability to attract, retain, and motivate the individuals within the department. Senior Director must have a strong sense of urgency - deadline focused and driven, proven significant successful experience in high volume Clinical Emergency programs. The chosen individual must have an ability to work in a team environment matrix structure. The ideal candidate must be able to work with executives, physicians, and front-line staffs to ensure the most efficient and effective use of resources while constantly working towards the highest quality and standards of patient care.
The Senior Director Clinical Services will report to the Chief Operating Officer, York Hospital
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Provides administrative support for strategic growth and operational plans related to CV Services.
- Oversees all programmatic components, ensuring adherence to accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Prepares annual capital and operating budgets.
- Works within a matrixed organization to ensure streamlined operations, safety and quality of care.
- Works collaboratively to develop a Cardiovascular Center of Excellence within WYH.
- Develops a multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Steering Committee
- Monitors program activities and physician participation, recording and reporting statistical data, including financial data to determine levels of participation and identify areas for improvement.
- Assists in and collaborates with marketing to develop and implement comprehensive and far-reaching messaging and marketing plans.
- Ensure compliance with contracts including equipment, service, and maintenance
- Enhances the professional growth and development of the CV team
- Demonstrates knowledge in the Lean Management System and drives progress towards achieving High-Reliability performance.
- Service orientation, fosters teamwork and fosters improvements and innovation
- Works within matrix of organization to ensure longitudinal care of patient populations served seek standardized, best practice care.
- The following are nonessential job accountabilities for ADA purposes:
- Represents the System and the service line in local, regional, and national organizations.
Founded in 1741, the city of York and its beautifully restored historic district is an architectural treasure. While York retains its farming and manufacturing heritage, at its heart York is a thriving cultural community that has attracted creative talent and innovative entrepreneurial investors from across the nation.
Life in York County offers affordable housing, options for higher education, a thriving arts and cultural community, historical attractions, parks and recreational resources, semi-professional baseball team, fine dining and more – within an easy drive of major East Coast cities, such as, Baltimore, Washington, D.C, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and New York.
Required Experience and Background:
- Master’s Degree
- 5 – 10 years Cardiovascular experience, with 5 years of leadership experience in an acute care hospital, developing and executing programs
***Excellent compensation and benefits package, relocation provided!***
Contact: Cheryl Coors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Hartz at email@example.com