This is a full-time Physician (Hospitalist) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, up to 26 days paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit, 401K, CME opportunities, a first-class health and retirement benefit package.
A Physician whose primary professional focus is the general medical care of hospitalized patients. Hospitalists may engage in clinical care, teaching, research or leadership in the field of general hospital medicine. This specialty examines, diagnoses, and treats hospitalized patients as their "case manager". Is responsible for treatment management to ensure that a patient with multiple medical problems, receiving medication and treatment from multiple specialists, does not receive conflicting care, e.g., medications prescribed by one specialist having an adverse impact on a problem being treated by a different specialist; different specialists ordering the same test repeated, or a needed diagnostic test ignored when each specialist thinks the other would order it.
Performs highly responsible duties in the advanced examination, diagnosis and treatment of inpatients on medicine service. Follows through to ensure effectiveness of treatment, post discharge follow up and collaborates with specialists when indicated. Attends discharge planning, key medical staff meetings and conferences serving as an authority on inpatient medicine and adult medical critical care. Duties also include ICU medicine such as advanced access techniques, invasive diagnostic procedures such as paracentesis and thoracentesis, and application of nationally recognized current medicine practices. Incumbent manages ventilators and central lines independently. Manage and coordinate the entire inpatient episode of care, and works cooperatively with the inpatients Primary Care Managers, Surgeons, and Specialty Consultants. Responsible for over-site of medical care given by midlevel providers (Physician's Assistants or Nurse Practitioners) working on the Medicine Inpatient Service.
Serves as a representative for Inpatient Medicine areas of quality improvement, budgets, billing, equipment, staffing, yearly goals, practice guideline compliance, and public relations. Promotes and ensures inpatient safety and patient satisfaction. Assist in the educational programs for the hospital providers, staff and patients.
• You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
• If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
• Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
• Must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or a territory of the U.S.
• All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.