Mercy Health northern market based in Toledo, OH seeks it's third Neurosurgeon.
This position consists of 5 components:
- Cover outpatient ambulatory neurosurgery practice. This may include incorporating virtual visits as needed. Primary ambulatory location is located in Perrysburg. Secondary locations include: Sunforest Ct. or Sylvania office. Other locations TBD.
- Cover Neurosurgery trauma call at St. Vincent (minimum of 5 days built into prime agreement) on an avg 1:4 week rotation, Friday-Thursday.
- Resident Teaching - Includes providing didactics, teaching during rounding services, and providing at least one grand rounds lecture per year.
- Build relationships with outlying EDs and provide CMEs as needed to build the program.
- Elective spine surgical cases performed at Perrysburg Hospital and St. Anne Hospital. Trauma cases when on trauma call performed at St. Vincent Medical Center.
Mercy Health northern market is a eight hospital system and a preferred provider of healthcare services for a 20-county area in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. As a faith-based healthcare system, Mercy Health continues to honor its long standing Mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities, with an emphasis on the underserved. Mercy demonstrates behaviors reflecting its core values of compassion, excellence, human dignity, justice, service, and sacredness of life.
Mercy Health is the largest healthcare system in Ohio and ranked nationally in the top 20% of health systems for clinical quality and efficiency.
- Mobil Stroke Unit
- Dedicated team of employed neurosurgeons with experience in the full aspects of neurosurgical care and procedures including clipping and hemi-craniotomy for large hemispheric strokes and intracranial bleeds
- Dedicated Endovascular Neurosurgery service provided by two experienced full time interventional and stroke neurologists
- Great support, relationship and interaction with Pulmonary and surgical/trauma critical care teams with moving toward 24/7 block models
- Tele-NeuroICU robot in the neuro-critical care unit for 24/7 communication via your smart device
- Dedicated Neocritical Care nurse practitioners
- Academic pursuit with resident s rotation from emergency medicine, preliminary medicine, family practice, internal medicine and surgical residents and fellows
- 24 hrs EEG monitoring
- Video EEG monitoring
- 24/7 TCD transcranial ultrasound
- Clinical research infra-structure support
- EPIC electronic medical record with access on your smart device
Please visit Mercy Health at mercyweb.org
A culturally prosperous city, Toledo is home to a nationally renowned art museum and zoo, the Toledo Symphony, as well as the newly renovated Valentine Theater. The community is home to the Toledo Mud Hens, the Triple A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. The Mud Hens play in their downtown stadium, Fifth Third Field, which was named as one of the top minor league baseball stadiums in the country. Toledo also offers an ECHL hockey team, NCAA sports at the University of Toledo, and an annual LPGA golf tournament. Nature and outdoors lovers enjoy the close proximity to Lake Erie. Outstanding schools coupled with affordable housing give northwest Ohio families a great lifestyle. Toledo boasts of having 33 colleges and universities within a 60-mile radius, including a medical college within the metro area. Additionally, Ann Arbor, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus and Detroit are all within a short driving distance.
We offer highly competitive compensation, with excellent sign-on bonuses and starting salaries, plus unparalleled benefits.
Benefit package include:
- Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Disability, Medical Malpractice Insurance w/tail-coverage
- Sign on Bonus
- Student Loan Assistance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- 403b Plan w/company match, 457b Plan, Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan (funded 100% by company)
- CME, DEA, OH license, Board fees, Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life balance resources: financial advisory services, LifeMatters (concierge work-life services), fitness center membership; corporate discounts; Be Well Within (health management program), and more.
Inquiries, including curriculum vitae should be addressed to: Brett Banks, Mercy Health Partners, 2200 Jefferson Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43604, or via e-mail