Albany Medical College is seeking a Vice Chair for Education (VCE) for the Department of Medicine. The successful candidate will lead all medical education programs for the Department, including those at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The VCE will represent the Department of Medicine on the Albany Medical College undergraduate curriculum committee and the graduate medical education council. He/she will be responsible for the implementation and continuous review of strategies designed to achieve the education and training objectives of the Department, in alignment with the strategic plans and outcome goals of the College. In collaboration with the postgraduate education Program Directors and undergraduate education Clerkship Directors, the VCE will be accountable for implementation of, and adherence to all rules, requirements and regulations set forth by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
The VCE acts as a liaison between the Chair of Medicine and institutional leadership. In collaboration with our educational leaders, the VCE will lead and assist faculty in developing new and innovative education and training programs in order to achieve optimal performance. The VCE will have a clinical profile that is compatible with his/her training and certifications, wherein he/she may provide direction, supervision and teaching of learners.
- The VCE is responsible for developing and implementing program policies that are compatible with external accreditation standards as well as internal institutional objectives.
- The VCE evaluates and provides direction for the Clerkship Directors and Associate Clerkship Directors, assuring that the educational missions are fulfilled within a learning environment that is positive, supportive, and continuously improving.
- The VCE collaborates with others to enhance and develop the teaching and assessment skills of our Departmental faculty.
- The VCE participates in Departmental and institutional efforts to teach and practice Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Quality, and Safety principles across our educational spectrum.
- The VCE sets the agenda for educational scholarship by clinician-educator faculty
- The VCE gathers and distributes the resources that support the scholarship activities of our learners.
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine.
- A minimum of 8-10 years as a clinician-educator or clinician-scientist in an educational environment.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as an undergraduate clerkship director, postgraduate program director, or equivalent educational leader.
- Team-oriented with ability to work and interact with students, residents, fellows and administration, as well as other key faculty members.
- Has the ability to develop and/or implement measurement metrics to assess teaching quality towards the goal of enhancing the effectiveness of the education programs of the Department
- Sufficient experience and success as a scholar that will position him/her to lead the scholarship activities of our learners.
- A portfolio of professional accomplishments compatible with academic appointment at the associate professor level or higher.
Competitive salary with incentive bonus, rich benefits package including malpractice coverage and retirement plan. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with experience.
Albany Medical Center is northeastern New York s only academic health sciences center and the largest private sector employer in the Capital Region. The Center incorporates the 766-bed Albany Medical Center Hospital, one of New York's largest teaching hospitals. Albany Medical College, one of the nation's first private medical colleges, educates many of the doctors and other medical professionals that practice in the region and provides residency and continuing medical education programs. Albany Medical Center also supports a biomedical research enterprise to further understanding of illness and discovery of tomorrow s cures.
For consideration, send your curriculum vitae with a letter of interest to:
Valerie D Aloia
Manager of Physician Recruitment
Albany Medical College
47 New Scotland Ave, MC 47
Albany, NY 12208
Phone: 518-262-1333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Albany Medical College is a private institution and a non-discriminatory AA/EOE (minorities and women are encouraged to apply).