Port Orchard, WA
Peninsula Community Health Services
OB/GYN opportunity at FQHC in Beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Provide healthcare services to women throughout the lifespan, including preventative services, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of reproductive abnormalities. In addition, OB/GYN provides gynecological care to women of any age, as well as obstetrical care and family planning to females of reproductive age. Support PCHS in its stated mission: providing accessible, affordable, quality health and wellness services for our communities by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Practice obstetrics and gynecology within the scope of the clinical program.
- Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status and document information about patient’s medical history in the electronic health record.
- Perform routine physical as well as obstetrical and gynecological exams.
- Order or execute various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition.
- Analyze reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of females in the realm of pregnancy, reproductive systems, and general care.
- Perform prenatal, perinatal, childbirth, and postpartum care.
- Administer or prescribes treatments including obstetrical and gynecological surgeries based on competency/privilege.
- Discuss any possible side effects of medications, treatments or immunizations with patient.
- Promote health by advising patients about diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Follow established clinic and hospital OB/GYN protocols.
- Refer patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient's well-being.
- Institute referral and coordinate patient services to promote continuous comprehensive care at the primary care level.
- Follow up with patient regarding progress in high risk or emergency cases.
- Institute emergency medical measures in life-threatening situations as needed.
- Maintain active hospital privileges as pertain to scope of practice and participate in a shared call system with other providers.
- Reviews and updates the medical protocols and offer ongoing informal education of the direct medical care staff.
- Continue self-education in obstetrics and gynecology to provide up-to date practice.
- Abide by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 in reference to all confidential information obtained through job tasks.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
MD or DO Washington State License required. Two years of experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The following are required for this position:
- HIV/AIDS Training
- Washington State Department of Health Professional License MD or DO
- DEA Certification
- CPR Certification
- Board Certifications or Board Eligible
- Valid Driver’s License
- Auto Insurance
All certifications & licenses must be kept in a current or renewed manner at all times. No inactive, expired certifications or licenses are allowed.
Please visit our website at pchsweb.org to learn more about our organization.
If interested, please send CV/Resume to email@example.com