LewisGale Medical Center is seeking Trauma Surgeons for new Level II Trauma program.
- Board Certified General Surgery with Trauma Critical Care Fellowship required
- ATLS Required
- Willingness to work at on-site clinic for post-op follow up visit
- Robotics training/experience required
- Presently possess or able to obtain a Virginia medical license
- New graduates and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply
- Permanent positions with equitable scheduling model and unique work/rest model
- Employment model with full benefits, including health and 401K with employer match
- $5,000 CME allowance
- Paid Malpractice and no attributed overhead expenses
- Competitive Income Potential
- Comprehensive back-end support services including recruitment, credentialing, renewals, billing, follow up clinic support and more.
About LewisGale Medical Center and LewisGale Regional Health System
- Seeking Level II Trauma designation
- 506-bed facility
- Regional leader in utilizing the latest imaging, surgical and medical technology
- Serves as LewisGale Regional Health System s tertiary facility for specialized care, offering a multitude of medical and surgical specialties
- Accredited Stroke Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- LewisGale Regional Health System includes four hospitals, two cancer centers, and six outpatient centers.
- We partner with hundreds of physicians both independent and employed who share our common commitment of providing superior, compassionate care and evidence-based medicine. Our network of hospitals consistently ranks among the top in the nation for clinical outcomes and evidence-based clinical processes.
As a place to live and play, the southwest region of Virginia has it all with a comfortable climate and the best of all four seasons. Roanoke is ranked the #1 place to retire by Kiplinger and, for the second year in a row, has been ranked the "Top Adventure Town" by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine, edging out Asheville and Chattanooga for the win. Roanoke s innovation corridor has become a hub for tech-forward industries such as healthcare, technology and advanced manufacturing. Our scenic beauty offers opportunity to balance work with recreation. Whether it is enjoying the arts and culture, hiking on the Appalachian Trail, water sports on Smith Mountain Lake, or biking in the nation s 2nd largest municipal park. With nationally recognized colleges and universities within 30 minutes, including Virginia Tech and Radford University, the area continues to attract innovative companies to our talent-rich and business-friendly environment. Conveniently located, the area offers easy drives to Washington, DC, Charlotte, NC and Richmond, VA.