UPMC Central PA is currently seeking an Ultrasound Fellowship Director to help initiate and grow our new program located in Harrisburg, PA.
About the Position:
- Oversees recruiting of highly qualified fellows
- Works with administrative staff to submit EUFAC application for accreditation
- Responds to all EUFAC requests pertaining to application
- Collaborates with ED U/S director on operations
- Assists in hiring additional faculty to support the Advanced Emergency Medicine Ultrasonography Fellowship and
- Ensures individual faculty members meet or exceed ongoing requirements such as scholarly activity
- In addition to application ensures all other EUFAC requirements are monitored and maintained
- Ensures the quality of patient care provided by residents and faculty
- Serves as a clinical and professional role model
- Participates in budgeting process
- Participates in external academic and educational programs to improve the program
- Represents the program at internal and external meetings
- Attends GMEC and appropriate sub-committee meetings
- Keeps EM Program Director and Chair apprised of key program issues and makes recommendations to resolve problems
- Ensures fair implementation of policies and procedures including grievance and due process
- Monitors work environment for residents and fellow well being
- Ensures program meets all regulatory requirements at all times
- EM Board certification
- Completion of an Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship and/or training and experience that is acceptable to EUFAC
- Holds Focused Practice Designation in Advanced Emergency Medicine Ultrasound by ABEM, or be board eligible, or qualifications that are acceptable to EUFAC
- Expertise in emergency ultrasound education; specifically curriculum development and dissemination and experience as an educator at the regional and national level
- Has demonstrated scholarship in clinical ultrasound with publication of original ultrasound research or review articles in peer reviewed journals
- Experience with safety, quality and security of images, documentation and coding
- Possesses a highly collaborative and innovative leadership style
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues and CME allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Potential sign on bonus
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey s Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania s top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia it s a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com America s Most Livable Cities, and ranked in U.S. News & World Report s Best Cities to Live in 2017, we are a 2 3 hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC Central PA
UPMC Central PA is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered healthcare services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. Its more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals and approximately 11,000 employees serve a 10-county area at outpatient facilities and eight acute care hospitals with 1,360 licensed beds: Carlisle, Community Osteopathic, Hanover, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lititz, Memorial, and West Shore.