Summa Health Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Foot & Ankle Surgeon to join our rapidly growing employed Orthopaedics team. We currently have 13 surgeons in all specialties, and 8 Advanced Practice Providers. We are looking for a highly motivated and team oriented provider to work collaboratively to help advance our Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Institute to the next level.
Summa Health Medical Group is a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Comprised of 2 hospitals and over 20 health centers, Summa Health is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. Our team has an efficient outpatient center and plans for additional Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
We are looking for an energetic fellowship trained surgeon to join our high volume foot and ankle surgeon and advanced trained podiatrist and APPs. We offer a nice combination of trauma, elective and reconstructive foot and ankle cases. trauma call coverage is optional and compensated. Resident coverage of hospital patients is provided and educational opportunities. The practice will be primarily focused exclusively on foot and ankle problems.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Unrestricted Ohio licensure or willingness to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as sign on bonus, student loan assistance and relocation
- Active involvement in medical student, resident and fellow education. Summa Orthopaedics is a privademic center with 4 residents per year and 2 primary care sports medicine fellows.
- Strong coordination of care between PCP, Pain Management, Rheumatology, Radiology, OR, physical/occupational therapy
- Epic System s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy. COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.