Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) is a clinician-led, self-governed and independent multi-specialty group practice, providing care to the more than 700,000 Kaiser Permanente patients in Washington state. We work unencumbered by traditional health care obstacles and without silos; prioritizing people over profits, collaboration over ego, and driven by a singular goal: our patients' health. At WPMG, we take care of the whole person, with a team to address the fundamental, social, and emotional needs that contribute to total health. We are clinicians motivated by the desire to make a purposeful difference in the communities we serve, and in how health care is delivered.
Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group- is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) board certified Plastic Surgeon to join our Tacoma Medical Center team in Tacoma, Washington to join us in 2022.
Tacoma Medical Center is a multispecialty medical center. Lab, Radiology, and Pharmacy on site. Office hours are 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday with Urgent Care open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is a multi-disciplinary clinic that works closely with general surgery, dermatology, wound care, orthopedic surgery and primary care. Additionally, within Kaiser Washington, there is a large transgender population and we work closely with the Gender Health team. There is a team spirit and collaboration among specialties, especially with general/ breast surgery. We value offer guidance and education to our patients to make the best decision and be part of their care.
Core Components of the Position:
- Overall daily general plastic surgery with an emphasis on reconstructive surgery with a large population of cancer reconstruction
- Support the Multi-disciplinary breast cancer team including breast surgeons by providing immediate breast reconstruction primarily in an outpatient setting and delayed breast reconstruction
- Support the Gender Health team by providing gender-affirming surgeries - primarily mastectomies, breast reductions, and breast augmentation
- Support the dermatologists by providing removal and reconstruction of skin cancers and support the general surgeons by providing immediate/ delayed defect closure after skin cancer removal
- Support the needs of the members of the organization by providing general plastic surgeries such as breast reductions, panniculectomies, wound coverage
As a condition of employment, all clinicians and employees are required to verify COVID-19 vaccination status. As part of the pre-boarding process and before starting work, you will be required to verify your vaccination status, and will be provided an opportunity to apply for an accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, if needed.
Benefits include: Full malpractice indemnification (including tail coverage), medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) & employer-paid retirement contributions, paid vacation, CME, long-term disability, long-term care benefits, and the ability to become a shareholder in our group practice. Learn more about WPMG benefits.
Tacoma, locally referred to as "T-Town", is a mid-sized urban port city and the seat of Pierce County. The city is on Washington's Puget Sound, 32 miles southwest of Seattle, 31 miles northeast of Olympia, and 58 miles northwest of Mt. Rainier National Park. With a population of 198,397, Tacoma is the second-largest city in the Puget Sound area and the third largest in the state. Tacoma is home to a vibrant, creative community of writers, artists and musicians, photographers, filmmakers, passionate entrepreneurs and small business owners. It also serves as a base for large companies like State Farm, BNY Mellon, Columbia Bank and Key Bank. Drawing families to its charming neighborhoods with big city amenities, true urbanites are drawn to downtown Tacoma for its competitively priced living spaces with sweeping mountain, city and water views.
We are dedicated to building lifetime relationships with peers and patients in Washington State's richly diverse communities. Many know the Pacific Northwest as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Washington an excellent place to live.
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
In our local communities and across the nation, Kaiser Permanente sets the standard for respectful care. With multicultural staff, equity, inclusion and diversity councils, medical interpretation resources, outreach efforts, educational programs and more, Kaiser Permanente puts people first in our medical centers and beyond.
As part of Kaiser Permanente, Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) seeks to create equity in our communities, eliminate health disparities, and always put patients-the heart of everything we do-first.
Following the guidelines in our National Diversity Agenda, every member of our team strives to:
- Provide culturally responsive and appropriate medical care to improve the health and satisfaction of all people in our increasingly diverse membership
- Recruit and retain clinicians and staff that enhance our workforce
- Grow our membership by providing exceptional service and clinical care to all communities in our region
Creating a diverse workforce, an inclusive environment, and equitable opportunity for employment, growth, and advancement are deeply linked to our mission, our business, and our economic future. WPMG continues to add programs that build and maintain a workplace where we engage with our members, communities, and each other-with dignity, respect, and cultural understanding.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As part of our commitment to our employees and the members and patients we serve, we integrate diversity into all aspects of our operations. Maintaining a workforce with industry-leading levels of diversity through deliberate planning, development, and outreach is critical to fulfilling our mission, sustaining our business objectives, and providing the best level of care to our members and patients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
- Minimal requirement of two years in practice with a focus on general plastic surgery reconstruction and ability to work with other specialties in a collaborative team.
- All applicants must have an unrestricted Washington State Medical License and Federally Issued DEA license.
- All applicants must possess a full range of clinical skills and an interest in working with an innovative group practice.
- Medical Degree MD/DO or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Washington Medical Lic
- DEA License