SSM Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty group, is recruiting for a Neurologist with expertise in Multiple Sclerosis and other demyelinating disorders. Candidate must be fellowship trained in Multiple Sclerosis. Additional details include:
- The new physician is expected to have skills and interests in both outpatient and inpatient Neurology.
- The MS service currently has over 1,000 patients as part of a multi-disciplinary MS clinic.
- He or she will work with a well-trained MS team that includes a physician assistant and physical therapist. There is an infusion room on site.
- Call is shared with all of the physicians in the department and is currently 1/6.
- A dedicated neuro-hospitalist service is in the process of development.
- Emergency stroke call is covered by a separate telemedicine stroke service.
- The Department of Neurology offers a full service of Neurology subspecialists, which includes Pediatric Neurology, Epilepsy, Neurophysiology and Stroke.
- The clinic draws from an 18-county service area with a population of 1.3 million people.
- There is a guaranteed two-year salary, signing bonus, and an outstanding fringe benefits package.
- SSM St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912.
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® for 2018 by IBM Watson HealthTM. which spotlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction metrics and data.
- St. Mary's Hospital and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
- Madison, population 252,000, consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play, and raise a family.
- Madison was recently named as the most livable mid-size city in the United States by Livability.com
- The Overture Center in downtown Madison is a beautiful facility that offers a wide variety of entertainment, including the Madison Symphony, Madison Opera, and visiting performances.
- Built around four lakes, Madison satisfies outdoor enthusiasts with its public parks, beaches, marinas, and numerous bicycle trails. Sports fans have the opportunity to cheer for the Wisconsin Badgers.
Physician - State of Work Location