Assistant Deputy Director, Statewide Psychiatry Services
$375,564 - $400,776 annual
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking a dynamic CA-licensed psychiatrist with strong leadership and diplomatic skills to provide oversight and implementation of all psychiatric services within headquarters, Regional offices, and across all institutions within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
Within this highly visible role and under the direction of the Deputy Director, Statewide Mental Health Program, you will:
- Assume responsibility for planning, developing, and implementing psychiatric services to ensure the mental health program is providing a high standard of care in all settings, including outpatient and inpatient units/clinics
- Assist in the achievement of state compliance with court orders and work to accurately measure and improve the quality and access of mental health services to patients
- Consult and advise staff on psychiatric services, priorities, goals, policies, and procedures
- Serve as a resource/consultant to other mental health program executives and staff for case reviews and appeals regarding psychiatric care and/or treatment plans
- Recommend changes in policies and procedures to increase efficiency and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
As a competitive candidate, you will also have the following desirable core competencies, including, but not limited to:
- Planning and organization
- Therapeutic techniques
- Inspiring and leading change
- Clinical research
- Data analysis and data processing
- Conflict resolution and negotiation
- Forensic and legal knowledge
- Technical and technological savvy
Note: this is primarily a non-clinical position, though clinical experience is required.
This exceptional opportunity is available at CCHCS Headquarters in Elk Grove. Located approximately 15 miles south of California’s capitol, Sacramento, this friendly bedroom community features modern neighborhoods, excellent schools, and makes a great home base for day trips to Lake Tahoe, Napa, and San Francisco.
In return for your efforts, CCHCS offers a robust benefits package, including:
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $39,000 - $52,000 per year)
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation Assistance available to those new to State Service
- And much more
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your CV to: Lila Wasko at Lila.Wasko@cdcr.ca.gov or via phone at (279) 333-4555.