1 license/50 States - 49 days paid time off annually - No Overhead or Insurance Company s to deal with! Practice Pure Medicine
As a VA Urologist your possibility are endless! The Beckley VA Medical Center seeks a B.C./B.E. Urologist to provide the most effective delivery of patient care for our veterans. This opportunity allows you to care for an average of 6 patients a day in an outpatient setting as well as 2 operating room days. The department uses the most up to date 1.2-million-dollar urology chair; capable of most urological procedures. Provide a variety of services including pre-operative patient exam, assessment and performs all aspects of Adult Urological Surgery including treatment of lesions, biopsies, urological laser procedures, enucleation, stent insertion, and prostate surgery. The call coverage is only one weekend a month and phone call the rest of the time.
- Participate in and or manage all aspects of a general urology program, to include clinical, administrative, academic and research components if warranted.
- Manage patient workload within available staffing, which may include support of mid-levels.
- Document progress notes and consultation findings in an electronic medical record, dictation and electronics signature of OP reports and hospital discharge summaries.
- Provide surgical treatment for genitourinary injuries and diseases including major and minor procedures.
Veteran Affairs Physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks. Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation. No dealing with insurance company s and no overhead. Practice pure medicine.
- U.S. Citizen or Non-Citizens
- Board certified/board eligible Urologist
- Full unrestricted MD.DO license (practice with any current and unrestricted state license).
Interested: Forward your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits: Working for the Department of Veteran Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part:
49 days paid time off annually including
26 days paid vacation
13 days of sick leave; 10 paid holidays
5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability)
Enjoy living in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia, one of the nation s most beautiful, natural playgrounds - Beckley, West Virginia! We have it all, beautiful mountains, streams, lakes - truly an outdoor adventure for each season of the year. Enjoy the golfing, biking, hiking, fishing and camping opportunities. Visit the nearby White Sulphur Springs, home of The Greenbrier PGA Classic Tour offering world-class recreational opportunities or the local Resort at Glade Springs, a full-service resort offering 3 championship golf courses.
Beckley is conveniently located off of Interstate 77 and I-64 and the Raleigh County Memorial Airport offers daily scheduled flights to other cities. We have it all; rural retreats and country culture, steep hills and deep valleys, scenic vistas, serene retreats, and serious adventure! This is Almost Heaven!