Mission Health is seeking an emergency medicine program director for their new GME program in Asheville, NC.
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine
- Have previous leadership / administrative experience
- Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine residency program, and at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
- Impressive compensation package including bonus potential
- Comprehensive corporate benefits package including health and 401k
- Relocation assistance available
About Mission Health:
- Western NC s flagship hospital licensed for 815 beds
- Regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region s only Level II trauma center
- New 630,000 square foot North Tower, including state-of-the-art 94-bed emergency department
- 220-bed acute and critical care facility
- 29 ORs and 3 daVinci surgical robots
Whether you enjoy outdoor adventures, arts and culture, live music, shopping or fine cuisine, Asheville offers something for everyone! With over 200 waterfalls and four navigable rivers, hiking trails for all skill levels, fantastic terrain for both road and mountain bikes, it is no surprise that Asheville is consistently rated one of the top US places to live. Asheville is known not only for its dynamic food scene and microbreweries but also for ethnic and exotic dining at the area s 250-plus independent restaurants. Asheville offers over 20 city and county public schools, a variety of faith-based schools with challenging curriculums as well as a number of private schools, including some of the best boarding schools in the US. Residents also enjoy easy access to air travel nearby in Asheville, Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC.