Thoracic Surgeon at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Thoracic surgeon. Cardiothoracic Surgery of Maine is a mature hospital-based practice serving a patient population of 500,000. This position offers a unique opportunity for a leadership role in a dedicated non-cardiac thoracic service. The ideal candidate will have proven excellence in the surgical management of pulmonary, esophageal, mediastinal, and pleural diseases.
Desirable candidate attributes:
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to minimal invasive thoracic surgery and thoracic robotic surgery
- Previous participation in multi-disciplinary review boards
- Experience and interest in coordinating the early evaluation and management of patients with proven or suspected lung and esophageal cancer
- Expertise and interest in the management of benign esophageal disease as well as interventional endoscopy and bronchoscopy
- Experience in service-wide best practice clinical protocols
- Interest in active participation in an established lung cancer screening program
- Willingness to engage in educational, promotional and outreach activities
About the position:
- Current group includes 4 surgeons and 6 extenders
- Attractive call coverage - cardiac responsibilities will not be required
- Association with 13 pulmonary physicians, 10 medical oncologists and 4 radiation oncologists
- Applicants must have a medical doctorate from an approved medical college or equivalent, postgraduate training in an ACGME-accredited Thoracic Surgery training program, and be BE/BC by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is committed to making healthcare work for the people of Maine. It is a 411- bed, regional tertiary care and ACS verified level II trauma center serving a patient population of 500,000 living in the northern two-thirds of the state. The hospital is a base for LifeFlight of Maine, a critical care air transportation service flying nearly 900 missions per year. Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Northern Light Health
At Northern Light Health, we're building a better approach to healthcare because we believe people deserve access to care that works for them. As an integrated health delivery system serving Maine, we're raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Our more than 12,000 team members--in our hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, long-term and home healthcare, and ground and air medical transport and emergency care--are committed to making healthcare work for our patients, communities, and employees.
Why Northern Light Health?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Student loan reimbursement programs - up to $20k per year with no maximum benefit
- Relocation and sign-on bonuses
- Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
- Leadership and teaching opportunities, if desired
- J-1 waiver opportunity for 2022
Apply for Thoracic Surgeon at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly