Geriatric Medicine Opportunities
Geriatric Medicine Opportunities - Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking Geriatricians to join our growing team. Current needs include majority inpatient consults, with opportunity to work in the outpatient clinic and/or long term care setting. Full-time and part-time positions available. The chosen candidate will support the evolution of Summa s Complex Care Institute, whose vision is to be a center of excellence bringing more help to those patient who need more help. To provide our most vulnerable and complex patients with comprehensive, interdisciplinary care and support in a cost effective, efficient, and well-coordinated plan.
Summa Health Medical Group is a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Comprised of 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state.
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package, competitive compensation with salary guarantee
- Summa s Senior Health Center is nationally-acclaimed for its model of care for seniors, offering an integrated approach that enhances quality of care and access to services
- Monday through Friday schedule; 1:7 weekend call rotation
- Collaboration with geriatric nurse practitioners at every site of care
- Active involvement in medical student, resident and fellow education
- Summa Health offers an academic model of care in a community teaching hospital environment
- Epic System s EMR
- To learn more about Summa Health Senior Healthcare Services, please visit https://www.summahealth.org/medicalservices/seniors
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Geriatric Medicine
- Unrestricted Ohio License or willingness to obtain
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city at the center of multiple major transportation routes and only 40 minutes from Cleveland. Akron is surrounded by lush greenery and adjacent to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. In 2015, Forbes Magazine named Akron, Ohio as one of America s 20 most affordable cities. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and world class shopping. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa health employees.
Apply for Geriatric Medicine Opportunities
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly