Geriatric Medicine Physician
Boston University School of Medicine/Boston Medical Center (BMC) Section of Geriatrics, a John A. Hartford Foundation Center of Excellence, is expanding and seeks fellowship trained geriatricians with enthusiasm for practicing and teaching in a culturally diverse setting. The Geriatrics Section prides itself as an exceptional model of interdisciplinary practice across all sites of care. Our section is comprised of 30 physician and advanced practice nursing faculty as well as multiple other inter-professional providers in a collegial, highly respectful and collaborative practice. As specialists, we understand the needs and concerns of our patients, and work to help them preserve the greatest degree of independence possible in every site of care.
Boston Medical Center is a not for profit, 514-bed academic medical center and accountable care organization located in Boston’s historic South End and it is the region’s safety net health care provider with a culturally rich and diverse patient population. The hospital is the primary teaching affiliate for Boston University School of Medicine. Our faculty and staff are engaged in community outreach and play an important role in lessening health disparities for our patients.
- Clinical responsibilities include following a panel of patients in our historic Home Care Program or Nursing home Program with time available in the Geriatrics ambulatory practice if desired. Serve as attending on the Geriatrics inpatient teaching service.
- Exceptional model of interdisciplinary care across all sites of care. Work with 30 physician and advanced practice nursing faculty as well as multiple other inter-professional providers in a friendly and collaborative practice
- Ample academic opportunities for training/mentoring medical students, internal medicine residents, and fellows in Geriatric Medicine and Geriatric Oncology.
- Protected time for Section meetings, academic activities and career/leadership development
- All clinicians are assisted in finding and developing mentoring teams to maximize job satisfaction and academic success
- Collaborative research opportunities and/or palliative care work available
- Commitment to work-life integration
Position is full time Link to us at: http://www.bmc.org/geriatrics.htm
This is a Boston University (BU) paid position with the potential for academic appointment at Boston University School of Medicine. The Section of Geriatrics at Boston Medical Center and Boston University School of Medicine is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty. We believe that the cultural and social diversity of our faculty and staff is vitally important to the distinction and excellence of our research and clinical programs. We are eager to hire colleagues who support our institutional commitment to ensure an inclusive, equitable and diverse work environment where all constituents can thrive. Boston University School of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Emma Reiner- BU Geriatric Services
72 East Concord Street, B2600, Boston, MA 02118
Apply for Geriatric Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly