Adult Total Joint Reconstruction Surgeon
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at The Medical College of Wisconsin is seeking an Adult Total Joint Reconstruction Surgeon (assistant, associate, or full professor). This unique opportunity provides a focus on clinical/surgical care, while working closely with residents and fellows.
The physicians of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery possess specialized training and experience in all major areas of orthopaedic surgery. We provide patient-centered, efficient, and effective medical care while teaching the fundamentals of orthopaedic medicine to the future leaders and health care providers in our field. When necessary, additional consultations are obtained with other Medical College of Wisconsin specialists in areas like Rheumatology, Neurology, Pediatrics, and Oncology, amongst others.
All of these factors - the expertise of educators and researchers, the teamwork and support of many specialists, and the availability of the newest techniques - help assure patients a level of care that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations.
- The Department includes 41 clinical faculty members, 4 active research faculty members, 39 advanced practice providers, 25 residents and 4 fellows.
- Our total joint program currently consists of 5 teams (each team is composed of a physician and 1-2 APPs) on our Froedtert campus and two Fellowship-trained surgeons in the community practice who are skilled in total joint replacement, reconstruction, revisions, and hip preservation techniques. We employ state-of-the-art techniques including allografts.
- Affiliated clinical sites include Froedtert Hospital, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin (CHW), Zablocki Veterans Administration Medical Center (VAMC), Community Memorial Hospital, and several ambulatory surgery centers in Southeast Wisconsin.
- Enjoy strong interdisciplinary collaboration for both diagnosis and treatment.
- Physician engagement and wellness are core focus areas for MCW.
- Research is not required, but the opportunity is provided for those with an interest. Currently, the division is researching total joint implants, bone grafting techniques, and the basic, mechanical aspects of total joint prosthetic fixation.
- Strong clinical abilities and a passion for providing high-quality patient centered care.
- Well-refined interpersonal skills, and a desire to collaborate with our talented team of surgeons who choose to practice and innovate together.
- A commitment to our academic mission, and interest in participating in scholarly activities which could include education, research and/or quality improvement.
- Fellowship training and board certification/board eligibility in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Eligibility for unrestricted Medical Licensure in the State of Wisconsin.
Medical College of Wisconsin
At the core of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is the pursuit of new knowledge and the power of academic medicine. Bringing together the world s top scientists and clinicians, inspired students, and invested communities, we are driven to solve the most complex challenges in health and society. MCW is home to a diverse group of thought leaders collaborating to build a healthier world and a continuous cycle of life-changing knowledge.
As a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists, and health professionals, MCW is home to more than 1,500 students in the Medical, Graduate, and Pharmacy Schools, and over 900 physicians in residency and fellowship programs. Approximately 1,650 physicians, 750 nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other healthcare practitioners care for approximately 521,000 patients of all ages annually.
The beautiful, safe, and modern campus of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center (MRMC) houses Froedtert Hospital, Children s Hospital and Health System, Curative Care, Blood Research Institute of Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin, and the Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division. These member entities share a common mission of excellence in patient care, medical education, biomedical research, and community service.
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America s great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. Just 80 miles north of Chicago, Milwaukee is the largest city in Wisconsin and the 23rd largest city in the United States. It is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, windsurfing, kite-surfing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals; the city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, gardens and parks, and Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens. The population of the City of Milwaukee is approximately 600,000 and approximately 1.8 million people live in the greater Milwaukee area. Regionally located less than two hours from the Chicago metro area, you can enjoy all that Wisconsin has to offer while still traveling to the big city life.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that embracing human differences is critical to realize our vision of a healthier world, and we recognize that a healthy and thriving community starts from within. We strive to integrate our human and social differences into MCW s functioning, strategies and culture to create a diverse and equitable workplace. If you believe embracing individuality and working together makes us stronger, then MCW is the place for you. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Medical College of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested individuals should contact:
Gabrielle Pollard, CMSR, FASPR
Sr. Physician Recruiter
Apply for Adult Total Joint Reconstruction Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly