Associate Head- Faculty Affairs
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is seeking a full-time faculty at the Associate or full Professor level, to serve as Associate Head of Faculty Affairs. Presently the Department has an OB/Gyn residency program with seven residents per year, a Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship, and a Global Women s Health Fellowship.
Job responsibilities include leadership and administrative role in the Department, providing clinical care in the area of candidate s specialty, teaching of medical students, residents and fellows, mentoring junior faculty within the department
- MD/DO degree or foreign equivalent
- Completion of and Ob/Gyn residency in the US
- Board-certified in the specialty/subspecialty of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Should have at least five years of clinical experience in an academic setting and have proven leadership skills.
- Must qualify for a faculty position as Associate Professor or Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Illinois on the clinical tenure track, based on qualifications, scholarly activity and experience and be licensed or eligible for medical licensure in Illinois
- must possess excellent interpersonal and clinical skills, communicates and works well in a team-based setting, communicate well and demonstrate a commitment to teaching, mentorship and leadership
- Previous experience with faculty development in an academic setting is strongly preferred. National reputation for excellence in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility preferred
Review of candidates will begin immediately, for fullest consideration, submit CV, cover letter, and names of three references by November 12, 2021. Also send CV and statement of interest to Dr. Catalin Buhimschi, Department Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorized inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalld=4292&pageId-1411899
The University of Illinois at Chicago may conduct background checks on all candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Apply for Associate Head- Faculty Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly