VA Amarillo Healthcare System – Amarillo, TX
The Gastroenterology Section at Amarillo VA Healthcare System (AVAHCS) invites applications for a full-time gastroenterologist program while providing excellent patient care and teaching with expertise in upper and lower GI endoscopies but no endoscopic ultrasound or ERCP’s. The successful candidate should be eligible for appointment as a faculty member in the Division of Gastroenterology at the Texas Tech University School of Medicine (TTUSOM).
AVAHCS is the major tertiary referral center for Veterans from throughout New Mexico and is strongly affiliated with TTUSOM. The System comprises one major campus and five community-based outpatient clinics, serving more than 65,000 Veterans in a primary service area to include 50 counties in the Texas, and Oklahoma Panhandles, and eastern New Mexico
The position requires US citizenship, M.D. with licensure, and Board Certification in Gastroenterology. A strong background in academics is preferred. For more details, Email your full CV to Hank Laguatan, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 459-7927. Your inquiry will be handled confidentially.
Whether you're interested in clinical care, teaching, working with learners, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 12 weeks Maternity/Paternity leave
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
Student Loan Repayment
$200K/$40K paid directly to Lender for 5 years
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2021, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $26,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
Apply for Gastroenterologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly