Ascension Illinois is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Physician for our Pediatric Nephrology Department.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Illinois to provide medical services to patients.
- Experience preferred, but may consider current Fellows
- No ED call, but occasional inpatient consults
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient, outpatient and some telemedicine consultation for specialty.
• Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office.
• Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)