Mission: Honoring those we serve by delivering the best possible care.
Vision: To build a legacy of superior health by listening to and caring for those we serve.
The Medical Director provides clinical and operational guidance and leadership for Ballad
Health (BH) and the Ballad Health Medical Associates (BHMA) Employer Health Services division and Team Member Health. He or she will assist in developing the long-term strategy and short-term tactics for the growth and development of the service line and for improvement of the health of the population we serve via engagement in development of clinical standards of care.
- Participate in recruitment and on-boarding of new providers, including performance feedback and coaching as needed to ensure positive professional development and retention.
- Lead/support development of quality initiatives and other programs to continually improve cost effectiveness and quality of services and patient and client satisfaction
- Support efforts of administrative and marketing personnel to secure new and maintain existing business as required. Identify new accounts to meet growth strategies and communicate information to the BHMA leadership team.
- Provide consultative services in occupational health, including provision of medical director services to client companies (including Ballad Health) and in development of onsite programs that focus on a healthy lifestyle.
- Serve as the designated physician and advanced practice clinician supervisor for BHMA Occupational Medicine clinics, onsite programs, and Business Health team members, unless otherwise provided by other physicians contracted with BHMA.
- Serve as the Medical Review Officer ( MRO ) for the program. MRO duties include, but are not limited to, receiving and reviewing laboratory results generated by an employer s drug testing program and evaluation of medical explanations for certain drug test results; interpreting forensic drug testing results in the context of a regulatory and policy framework; and assisting companies with medical monitoring of OSHA Regulated Chemicals, oversight of laboratory tests to monitor employee exposure limits over a period of time and making medical evaluations/recommendations to prevent continued exposure in the workplace.
- Supervise the medical review process and substance abuse testing programs offered by BHMA throughout Tennessee and Virginia, to include supervision of the Medical Review Officer Assistant ( MROA ).
- Valid and active Medical Licensure in TN and VA
- Valid and active Board Certification for Occupational Medicine
- Medical License free of sanctions from any healthcare entity and
- DEA clear of any restrictions or recent sanction
- DOT and MRO certifications required; others may be needed as market needs shift
- Five years minimum clinical experience
Self-motivated, strong communication and analytic skills, ability to communicate with all levels and recommend decisions in a timely manner, excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.