The Department of Medicine at Houston Methodist Hospital is seeking a qualified transplant pulmonologist to join our expanding lung transplant service in a comprehensive solid organ transplant center. This position offers a unique opportunity to play an integral role in the development of a new advanced lung disease program to complement the lung transplant program and facilitate clinical and translational research. Candidates must be board-certified/board-eligible by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases and/or Critical Care Medicine and have an interest in clinical service, research and education.
This position encompasses:
- Academic medical practice in a quaternary care center
- Collaborative, team-based practice with nurse practitioner support
- Academic affiliation with Weill Cornell Medical College and Texas A&M College of Medicine with faculty appointments commensurate with experience
- Facilities and support for clinical or laboratory-based research
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
Houston Methodist J.C. Walter Transplant Center is a comprehensive solid organ transplant center located in Houston, Texas and performs approximately 600 solid organ transplants per year. Our center is home to nationally recognized physicians and scientists who provide outstanding care with excellent clinical outcomes, innovative programs, and specialized advanced disease management. With a broad geographic reach serving a diverse patient population, Houston Methodist is a destination center for transplant and end-organ management services in the Houston community and beyond.
- Largest transplant center in Texas and surrounding region for the past 5 years
- Transplant Center ranks in the Top 10 nationally in volume
- Lung transplant program is the largest in Texas and ranks 12th nationally in volume with high quality outcomes.
Based in the Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital is delivering on a mission started in 1919, which continues today – bringing quality, integrity, compassion and innovation into everything we do. As the flagship hospital of Houston Methodist, Houston Methodist Hospital is a nationally recognized medical center with a history of health care innovation. Houston Methodist Hospital was awarded Magnet recognition for nursing excellence for a fourth consecutive time by the ANCC. In addition, Houston Methodist Hospital was recently named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top 20 hospitals and was also ranked the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the fifth consecutive year.
Houston Methodist Hospital is located in the heart of the city of Houston. Houston is the fourth largest city in the US, and boasts a diverse, cosmopolitan population. The cost of living is very favorable relative to many large cities throughout the nation.
Apply for Transplant Pulmonologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly