Physician (IM/FP) (HDSP)
$296,496 - $311,328 annual salary (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$281,640 - $295,740 annual salary (Lifetime Board Certified)
$266,844 - $280,200 annual salary (Pre-Board Certified)
California Correctional Health Care Services is elevating both the field of correctional medicine as well as the careers of IM/FP physicians, like you, dedicated to providing quality primary care. Whatever your professional interest, we can help you continue to hone your skills in public health, disease management and education, addiction medicine and so much more. In addition to a CA medical license, you must possess an X-Waiver (or ability to attain within 14 days of hire) as well as documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or medical/religious exemption.
CCHCS offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek (affords you true work-life balance)
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans (tax defer up to $39,000 - $52,000 per year)
- Paid Insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend
- Visa sponsorship opportunities
- Relocation assistance for those new to state service
- And much more
We currently have opportunities at High Desert State Prison, located in the friendly community of Susanville. Nestled in the picturesque foothills of Northeastern California, this is the ideal area for hiking, fishing, camping, and other activities. It’s no wonder Susanville was recognized as one of the top places to live in the United States by Outdoor Life.
Contact Debora Kim at CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or (877) 793-4473 for more information.
You may also apply online at https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5607350&user_id=