The Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science (at the University of Arizona-Tucson and Banner University Medical Group) is actively seeking a fellowship-trained academic Oculoplastic Surgeon to join our growing department.
The selected individual will be responsible for the surgical and non-surgical management of oculoplastic patients. Clinical services are provided at the Banner University Medicine Ophthalmology Clinic in Tucson and two medical center campuses located within 15 minutes from the clinic. Our residency program has 4 residents per year, and an enthusiastic commitment to teaching is desired. The preferred candidate will also possess strong research interests, either in clinical research, basic science research, or both.
The qualified candidate will receive a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials, including a generous tuition discount for the applicant and immediate family members.
- American Board of Ophthalmology certified or eligible
- Fellowship-Trained in Oculoplastic Surgery
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health, to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Production Incentives (wRVU), Paid Sick Time, Personal Time Off, Malpractice, and CME (plus CME allowance!)
- Legal, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including 401k with matching or 401b deferred retirement plan options, employee perks and discounts
The soul of the Sonoran Desert. The flavor of the Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views and the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, and daytrip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture and entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living to enjoy with those you love most!
We encourage you to apply here with your CV for consideration. Thank you!
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Group
Tucson, AZ 85724 Physician-Plastic Surgery
Apply for Physician-Plastic Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly