Physician-Critical Care - Intensivist
Medical Director for the Banner University Medical Center-Phoenix Medical Intensivist Care Units and Critical Care Physician Advisor
Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix, part of a Top 5 Large Health System and one of the country's premier non-profit health care networks, is seeking an experienced Critical Care physician with proven leadership skills and academic experience. This is an excellent career opportunity for physician to work in the heart of Phoenix and the hub of academic medicine.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Current ABIM certification in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine with MBA or equivalent in Health care administration required.
- Academic experience with the desire to work with and consultant/resource for attending physicians.
- Experience with conducting clinical review on cases referred by care management staff and/or other health care professionals
- Assesses care quality to achieve optimal outcomes according to evidence based guidelines in reference to critical care.
- Identify quality, safety, patient satisfaction and efficiency issues leading to suboptimal care. Takes appropriate action to resolve
Serve as the Medical Director for the Banner University Medical Intensive Care and be responsible for the following administrative duties:
- Ensure daily coverage of Intensivist shifts.
- Prepare and manage Intensivist provider schedules.
- Provide and oversee teaching and administrative services to fulfill the Pulmonary and Critical Care Division responsibilities in the ICU.
- Assist Banner/University of Arizona (U Az) in keeping controllable costs of the Division to a minimum by assessing and improving processes, technologies and equipment.
- Assist in establishing Division procedures, action plans and goals to address the quality of care of critical care patients.
- Participate as Chair of the ICU Committee, and as a member of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee and the ICU Quality Improvement committee.
- Help initiate the use of clinical practice guidelines and protocols that would improve patient care in the ICU.
- Provide ongoing continuing medical education to physicians, nurses and other professionals working in the ICU.
- Assure that all Leapfrog and JCAHO initiatives are assessed and implemented as appropriate.
- Provide quarterly reports to Banner/University of Arizona administration and to the Quality Improvement Committee, and if requested, to the Medical Executive Committee and Board of Trustees, detailing ICU performance statistics and areas of challenge with corrective action plans.
- Assure the maintenance of accurate, complete and timely patient and other records in order to facilitate the delivery of quality patient care and proved the information required to obtain payment for services.
Location: Banner University Medical Center- Phoenix Campus | Medical ICU, 1111 E McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85006
Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally-known academic medical center and the primary teaching facility of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. BUMC-P is a 733 bed, Level 1 Trauma facility: as the largest and one of the most comprehensive tertiary care facilities in Arizona, it provides a full complement of subspecialties including cardiac care, transplant services, oncology, high-risk obstetrics, CARF certified stroke, head injury and general inpatient rehabilitation, epilepsy center, Alzheimer’s Institute, and outpatient clinics on campus in primary and specialty care. BUMC-P has been cited for 12 years as one of America’s “Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and is consistently rated as a “Best Place to Work” in Arizona.
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health, to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Loan Repayment available, plus Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Sick Time, Time Off, Malpractice, and CME (plus CME allowance!)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including 401k with matching or 401b deferred retirement plan options, employee perks and discounts
Iconic Landscapes. Picture Perfect Skies. It’s time to go beyond. Greater Phoenix, AZ is the nation’s sunniest metropolis and the cosmopolitan heart of the majestic Arizona desert. It's a city that basks in year-round sunshine with stunning Sonoran Desert scenery. Phoenix is the United States’ sixth-largest city with a population of over 1.4 million, home to 200+ golf courses, MLB Spring Training mecca, daytrip drive to six different lakes, culturally enriches with a plethora of museums, as well as an extensive offering of casual patio dining, destination spas, and upscale shopping. The area offers miles of hiking, biking and equestrian trails, professional sports, world-class theater and exceptional musical entertainment. Adventure, fresh air and beautiful sunsets… Arizona has it all.
We encourage you to submit your CV to the Search Committee (c/o Linda Montano) for immediate consideration. Thank you!
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employee
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Phoenix
Downtown Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ 85006 Physician-Critical Care - Intensivist
Apply for Physician-Critical Care - Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly