Physiatrist, Spine Clinic Physician, 1.0 FTE
Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) is a clinician-led, self-governed and independent multi-specialty group practice, providing care to the more than 700,000 Kaiser Permanente patients in Washington state. We work unencumbered by traditional health care obstacles and without silos; prioritizing people over profits, collaboration over ego, and driven by a singular goal: our patients' health. At WPMG, we take care of the whole person, with a team to address the fundamental, social, and emotional needs that contribute to total health. We are clinicians motivated by the desire to make a purposeful difference in the communities we serve, and in how health care is delivered.
Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group is seeking a Full Time 1.0 FTE Physiatrist working in our Spine Clinic to join our Tacoma Medical Center team in Tacoma, Washington.
You would be joining our integrated team that includes partnership with the non-interventional spine physiatrists, general physiatry, the patients' primary care provider as well as neurosurgery, interventional anesthesia, and Physical therapy
Core Components of this position include:
* Evaluating and managing patients in the outpatient clinic at all points in the care continuum.
* The population of patients ranges from acute spinal problems to more chronic conditions.
* Primarily diagnostic workups and treatment plans.
* Some longitudinal management is a part of the practice but not an expectation.
* Close relationship with our neurosurgery group who conducts all of our spine surgeries.
* You would also work with associated specialties such as the anesthesia pain clinic who do all of our fluoroscopic injections and pain procedures.
* You would not be expected to manage chronic pain patients on opioids. You would not be expected to prescribe opioids except in unusual circumstances that are appropriate.
* This is a Non-Operative Spine Clinic position where fluoroscopically guided injections or interventions are not part of the position. There is potential for in-office injections with ultrasound, but this is not required.
* No call or inpatient rounding.
Tacoma South Medical Center is comprised of Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Activity, Sports, & Exercise Medicine, The Adolescent Center, Occupational Medicine, Physical Therapy, and Social Work Services. Lab, Pharmacy, and Radiology on site. Office hours are 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday.
As a condition of employment, all clinicians and employees are required to verify COVID-19 vaccination status. As part of the pre-boarding process and before starting work, you will be required to verify your vaccination status and will be provided an opportunity to apply for an accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, if needed.
Benefits include: Full malpractice indemnification (including tail coverage), medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) & employer-paid retirement contributions, paid vacation, CME, long-term disability, long-term care benefits, and the ability to become a shareholder in our group practice. Learn more about WPMG benefits.
The Tacoma area is beautiful serving as a gateway to Mount Rainier which sits majestically on the southeastern skyline and looks so close that it is often called Mount Tacoma. Ask you look west you will see Puget Sound and the bordering Cascade mountains that rival any Mountain range in the world for beauty. There is a vibrant community in Tacoma that is fueled by many outdoor activities and fine arts in the area. There are a number of great neighborhoods to live in. Tacoma has some of the best golf courses in the Pacific Northwest and a number of ski areas or within easy reach. Seattle is a short distance to the north.
With a population of 198,397, Tacoma is the second-largest city in the Puget Sound area and the third-largest in the state. Tacoma is home to a vibrant, creative community of writers, artists and musicians, photographers, filmmakers, passionate entrepreneurs and small business owners. It also serves as a base for large companies like State Farm, BNY Mellon, Columbia Bank and Key Bank. Drawing families to its charming neighborhoods with big city amenities, true urbanites are drawn to downtown Tacoma for its competitively priced living spaces with sweeping mountain, city and water views.
We are dedicated to building lifetime relationships with peers and patients in Washington State's richly diverse communities. Many know the Pacific Northwest as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Washington an excellent place to live.
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
In our local communities and across the nation, Kaiser Permanente sets the standard for respectful care. With multicultural staff, equity, inclusion and diversity councils, medical interpretation resources, outreach efforts, educational programs and more, Kaiser Permanente puts people first in our medical centers and beyond.
As part of Kaiser Permanente, Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) seeks to create equity in our communities, eliminate health disparities, and always put patients-the heart of everything we do-first.
Following the guidelines in our National Diversity Agenda, every member of our team strives to:
* Provide culturally responsive and appropriate medical care to improve the health and satisfaction of all people in our increasingly diverse membership
* Recruit and retain clinicians and staff that enhance our workforce
* Grow our membership by providing exceptional service and clinical care to all communities in our region
Creating a diverse workforce, an inclusive environment, and equitable opportunity for employment, growth, and advancement are deeply linked to our mission, our business, and our economic future. WPMG continues to add programs that build and maintain a workplace where we engage with our members, communities, and each other-with dignity, respect, and cultural understanding.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As part of our commitment to our employees and the members and patients we serve, we integrate diversity into all aspects of our operations. Maintaining a workforce with industry-leading levels of diversity through deliberate planning, development, and outreach is critical to fulfilling our mission, sustaining our business objectives, and providing the best level of care to our members and patients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
* Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
* All applicants must have an unrestricted Washington State Medical License and Federally Issued DEA license.
* All applicants must possess a full range of clinical skills and an interest in working with an innovative group practice.
* Medical Degree MD/DO or better
Licenses & Certifications
* Washington Medical Lic
* DEA License
Apply for Physiatrist, Spine Clinic Physician, 1.0 FTE
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly