Associate Medical Director - Occupational Health Physician
Inova Occupational Health team is seeking an experienced Associate Medical Director to join our team! This position is 60% clinical and 40% administrative and will provide support and leadership to our occupational health program and team member health services! This is a rare opportunity to work in the federal, public safety and medical center sectors of occupational medicine. This leader will work closely with the medical director to develop, implement, maintain and evaluate programs/components for both the organization’s external and the more than 20,000 team members.
Inova is a not-for-profit healthcare system based in Northern Virginia that serves more than 2 million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient services and facilities, primary and specialty care practices, and health and wellness initiatives.
Inova Occupational Health Program understands the needs of government, private and public sector employers. Investing in our programs helps optimize employee well-being, increases productivity and improves safety while respecting the organization's bottom line.
With dedicated locations throughout Northern Virginia and convenient to the entire Washington, DC metro area, Inova's occupational health physicians and staff provide economical healthcare services to thousands of employees each year. We help ensure your employees are ready and able to work safely and effectively.
Performance Highlights and Expectations:
- Assists with the development of policies and procedures related to a range of occupational issues such as, but not limited to, treatment of workers compensation injuries, exposures to infectious or toxic substances, DOT regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Assist the medical director with development of educational programs for clients and providers.
- Provides clinical expertise for public safety clients and has a strong foundation in NFPA 1582 and Law Enforcement Officer medical guidelines
- Participate in development and oversight of USP 800 Hazardous Drugs policy and procedure development including creation of accountability measure
- Collaborate with the Quality and Safety Office to evaluate unsafe work situations and promote worksite evaluations to include mitigating strategies
- Participate on the Environment of Care Committee and work collaboratively on policies, procedures and strategies to ensure employee safety against physical hazards such as hazardous drugs, lifting, and respirable infectious agents. Develop a proactive approach to the identification and mitigation of environmental risks
- Partner with Team Member Health clinical team to support healthy work environments, health maintenance measures and satisfaction/morale of users and Team Member Health staff.
- Assist the medical director to supervise OHS physician and physician extender staff as appropriate including interviewing candidates, orientation, discipline and input on performance appraisals. Coaches and provides developmental feedback.
- Training and certification or board-eligibility as an Occupational and Environmental Health physician is required. Additional training and board certification in a primary care specialty is a plus.
- Maintenance of board-certification and current licensure in Commonwealth of Virginia is required.
- At least two years of experience in clinical practice and administration. Previous experience with employee health services and public safety occupational medicine is preferred.
- Experience in the field of Public Safety Occupational Medicine is also desirable.
- Experience performing Fitness for Duty evaluations is desirable
About Inova Occupational Health
- Over 33,000 Occupational Health visits each year
- Convenient, expanded weekday, weekend and holiday hours
- Four convenient locations spread across the Northern Virginia Area
- Diverse Patient Population
- Proximity to Washington DC (Large Metropolitan Area)
- Monday thru Friday schedule
- Competitive guaranteed salary and incentive component
- Full benefits, including, health, dental, vision and life
- Annual CME support
- Licensure reimbursement
If interested in applying or for more information, please contact: Allison.Spindle@inova.org
Apply for Associate Medical Director - Occupational Health Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly