Physician-Pediatrics - Rheumatology
The Department of Pediatrics and the University of Arizona Arthritis Center College of Medicine has an immediate opening for a Pediatric Rheumatologist. The candidate hired will provide clinical care to children with Rheumatologic, autoimmune and auto inflammatory disorders, as well as participate in basic science research. We offer established development and mentoring programs designed to help faculty succeed as Clinician Educators. Start-up funds are available to support research and participation in the CARRA network. We have the flexibility to consider applicants with a broad range of academic career goals and rank will be dependent on qualifications.
- Position is affiliated with The University of Arizona Medical Center, Diamond Children's Medical Center, & Banner University Medical Group.
- Diamond Children's Medical Center is located in the heart of Tucson
- 1625 N Campbell Ave Tucson, AZ 85719
Position Details & Qualifications
- Must be BE/BC in General Pediatrics & Pediatric Rheumatology
- 1.0 FTE
- 50% clinical || 50% research
- 2 full days in clinic, 1 half day session for administrative work, & 2.5 days research
- Call: Unrestricted, shared with adult Rheumatology team. Possibility to provide cross-coverage call for Hospitalist team
- The department is seeking an individual who is able to work with diverse students, trainees and colleagues, and who has experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers: Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, formerly Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community.
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Relocation, Sign-On Incentives, and Loan Repayment Programs available
- Vacation & CME days
- Paid malpractice, licensure & DEA registration fees
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
Tucson is a bustling, vibrant community nestled in the blooming Sonoran Desert. Vibrant culture, entertainment, and a thriving food scene minutes away with a booming housing market and attractive cost of living to live, work, and play!
- 350 Days of Year-Round Sunshine!
- The Outdoors Await! Golf, hiking, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tanning and nearby winter skiing.
- A Unique Historical Heritage: Immerse in our city's history via art galleries, museums, architectural presidios and missions!
- Tantalizing Culinary Adventures: Explore vibrant palettes in one of the top gastronomy cities and fresh fusions on traditional food.
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Moderate cost of living
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner Children's at Diamond Children's Medical Center
1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 Physician-Pediatrics - Rheumatology
Apply for Physician-Pediatrics - Rheumatology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly