Obstetrics & Gynecology Faculty Position
In a pioneering international initiative, Cornell University and Weill Cornell Medical College established Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) in 2001 through a unique partnership with the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development.
We are seeking an obstetrician/gynecologist clinician educator with substantial experience in teaching and clinical practice in an academic medical center in North America to teach in the integrated Foundational Sciences courses and in the Clerkships of the undergraduate medical program. Students rotate and faculty practice at multiple affiliated academic medical centers in Qatar which provide a diverse clinical experience.
WCM-Q and Weill Cornell Medical College in New York share the same mission: to provide the finest education possible for medical students, conduct research at the cutting edge of knowledge, improve health care, both now and for future generations, and provide the highest quality of care to the community. Full details regarding the WCM-Q program and facilities, including affiliations with ACGME-I accredited clinical sites, can be accessed at http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu.
- M.D. or equivalent
- American Board certification in Obstetrics/Gynecology or its accepted equivalent
- Proficiency in all areas of generalist Obstetrics/Gynecology practice is required. This includes the ability to teach students in all four recognized subspecialties in the field
- Experience in teaching and clinical practice in an academic medical center in North America
- A record of excellence in teaching and scholarship
- A minimum of three years of significant teaching experience in a university or academic health system
- Experience with several learning modalities, including bed-side teaching, problem-based learning (PBL), lectures, small group sessions, and journal clubs
- Strong leadership skills
- Preference will be given to applicants who provide evidence of their successful involvement in the development and delivery of innovative approaches to teaching and who demonstrate their strong record of excellence in and commitment to teaching
- Preference will be given to applicants who provide evidence of their successful involvement in clinical or educational research
- Passion for student success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptive thinking
- Ability to build trust with colleagues and stakeholders
- Appreciation for diversity
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Cultural humility
- A comprehensive and highly competitive salary and foreign-service benefits package, including fully furnished housing and other supplementary benefits, is provided.
- Clinical faculty may receive clinical privileges to conduct clinical work at affiliated hospitals and may have opportunities for research collaborations.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a thoughtful letter of application outlining their interest in the position and how their skills and experience match WCM-Q’s requirements, along with a full curriculum vitae.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Cornell University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
Apply Now: https://wcmq-academicpositions.odoo.com/jobs/detail/76?utm_campaign=Job+Campaign&utm_medium=Website&utm_source=JAMA+ObGyn