Dignity Health Medical Group – Arizona (DHMG-AZ) is actively seeking an experienced leader and visionary to serve as the Founding Program Director, Emergency Medicine in East Valley Phoenix at Chandler Regional Medical Center and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. This is an exciting opportunity to help establish, build, and lead a new residency program from the ground up. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in administrative, educational, and clinical services, will be board certified in Emergency Medicine, will have an unrestricted Arizona medical license and 3+ years of educational experience. This candidate will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer. The Program Director will be provided with the salary support required to devote 50 percent FTE of non-clinical time to the administration of the program.
CommonSpirit Health is a large, multi-state hospital system. CommonSpirit is developing a Graduate Medical Education program at its’ hospitals in Chandler and Gilbert, Arizona, with plans to have Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, General Surgery, and OB/GYN residency programs starting in 2023 and 2024.
Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona is in partnership with Chandler Regional Medical Center (CRMC), a tertiary care hospital in suburban Phoenix, and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, a community hospital 8 miles east from Chandler. Our focus is driven around being leaders in medical education, centered on evidence-based medicine while ensuring consistent collaboration and communications within the medical staff and the surrounding community.
The Emergency Department is staffed by Board Certified/Board Eligible Emergency Medicine Physicians, as well as PAs and NPs. Premier Emergency Medical Specialists is part of Envision Physician Services and will dedicate all of its resources to assist in the residency program.
Chandler Regional Medical Center is a full-service, 429-bed acute care hospital located 25 miles southeast of downtown Phoenix. It has approximately 78,000 emergency department annual visits and is a level 1 trauma center with over 5000 trauma activations annually. It is a primary stroke center, has cardiovascular and cardiac surgery services, and neurosurgery. CRMC has received the Health Care Leadership Award for Hospital of the Year and #1 Acute Care Hospital in 2013 from AZ Business Magazine.
Mercy Gilbert Medical Center is a full-service 197-bed community hospital located East of Chandler. It is one of the busiest L&D sites in the state and sees approximately 49,000 annual ED visits. A new joint-venture between Phoenix Children’s Hospital and CommonSpirit Health will be opening in the fall of 2022.
- Managing the ACGME application and certification process
- Day-to-day oversight of the Emergency Medicine residency program
- Maintain ongoing certification and compliance with ACGME RRC requirements
- Provide leadership and guidance to residents
- Be a role model of professionalism
- Clinical Teaching and Supervision of Residents
- Ensure the program’s compliance with institutional policies and procedures and ACGME requirements
- Managing the academic faculty and clinical program
- Working with other departments and other clinical sites to develop and maintain appropriate clinical and educational rotations for the residents
- GME Committees/Meetings
- GME Lectures/Teaching Conferences
- Resident Recruitment and Selection
- GME Research/Scholarly Activity
- Evaluation and Promotion of Residents
- Program Evaluation
- MD or DO Degree and Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Completed ACGME Residency training with current ABIM or AOBIM Board Certification in Emergency Medicine
- Experience as an assistant/associate PD or site director
- 3+ years of proven clinical & administrative educational experience
- Proved track record in clinical and/or basic science research with documented publications
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
We are offering a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes a matched 403b, gifted pension plan, relocation allowance if approved, CME benefit, and excellent malpractice insurance.
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest non-profit health care systems, is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved.
Some of its key services include Bariatrics, Heart and Vascular Center, including cardiopulmonary services, GI, Orthopedics, Neurosciences, Palliative Care, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, and Surgical services. Mercy Gilbert is also one of the largest employers in the city of Gilbert.
The Phoenix metropolitan area is the fifth-largest in the country and is one of the fastest-growing. With over 300 days of sunshine a year, there are endless opportunities for outdoor activities. Arizona is an ideal place to raise a family, with excellent schools and well-respected state universities. With professional sports teams, wonderful restaurants, and incomparable shopping, the Chandler/Gilbert/Scottsdale area is among the most highly desirable areas in the country to live. These opportunities offer a perfect lifestyle balance.
For more information, please visit dignityhealth.org/dhmg-arizona.
Apply for Emergency Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly