ACADEMIC ENDOCRINOLOGIST: Obesity Medical Lead and Program Co-Director
Join Us at a Top Teaching Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona!
Banner University Medical Center Phoenix (BUMC-P) is seeking an experienced Endocrinologist to support our new Division Chief in Bariatric surgery as Obesity Medical Lead and Program Co-Director.
- Foster collegial relationships across the Department of Medicine and Department of Surgery provide the most optimal care and services to the Bariatric and Obesity community
- Provide leadership to establish/maintain BUMCP Bariatric and Obesity Medicine Services
- Coordination of education, training, and clinical research
- Provide recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and staff
- Increase community awareness of Bariatric and Obesity Services patient care programs
- Identify opportunities for local market expansion
- MD or DO
- Must have AZ license (or eligibility to receive by hire date)
- Must be ABMS/ABOS Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Fellowship-Trained in Endocrinology
- Leadership skills and experience to lead a high priority and growing clinical program
- Desire to work in an academic setting
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
BUMC-P is a nationally-known academic medical center and the primary teaching facility of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. BUMC-P is a 733 bed, Level 1 Trauma facility. As the largest and one of the most comprehensive tertiary care facilities in Arizona, it provides a full complement of subspecialties including cardiac care, transplant services, oncology, high-risk obstetrics, CARF certified stroke, head injury and general inpatient rehabilitation, epilepsy center, Alzheimer’s Institute, and outpatient clinics on campus in primary and specialty care. BUMC-P has been cited for 12 years as one of America’s “Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and is consistently rated as a “Best Place to Work” in Arizona.
Banner Health offers an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family, including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- Paid time off plans
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
Interested applicants are encouraged to join our physician and provider talent community where you can upload your CV and track application progress: https://practicewithus.bannerhealth.com For questions, please email Joanna Wilkes, Sourcing Strategist Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.