Einstein Healthcare Network has provided compassionate, high-quality healthcare to anyone in need since 1866. We began with what was, in the late 1800's, a remarkable and forward-thinking creed: to provide medical care to the sick and wounded without regard to creed, color or nationality. Our primary mission remains true to the founder's intent. With our more than 500 employed specialty and primary care physicians, Einstein is able to provide the full spectrum of service to our community, from primary though quaternary care. Our primary service area is North Philadelphia whose population has significant medical needs and other challenges. Einstein is known for its mission of commitment to community and has gained a reputation for excellence, compassion and innovation.
Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, our flagship hospital, is seeking to add a Geritrician to our team of outstanding physicians. Join us; make a difference.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing care in a variety of settings: outpatient geriatric clinic, limited inpatient consults, limited nursing home and limited Center of Adult Developmental Disabilities or CADD]
- A patient load of 12-18 per day [outpatient]
- Primary care, inpatient consults on trauma falls, MVC in patients with multiple co-morbid conditions, CAD, CHF, DM, HTN. Patients with dementia, urine incontinence, ambulatory dysfunction, at high risk for polypharmacy and delirium. Geri psych co-managing medical issues with psych attending and residents. (Maximum 17 patients on geripsych trauma and ACS varies average 5-8)
- Teaching internal medicine residents and geriatric fellows: Inpatient consult service staffed with residents. There may be residents in the outpatient practice, there is also an NP in the outpatient practice, another NP in the Nursing homes, and an NP in CADD (part time)
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary team with MA, RN and NP
- Call Rotation: 1:4-6. Telephone call from home.
- MD or DO from an accredited US Medical School or Foreign Equivalent
- Completion of an ACGME Accredited Residency Program
- Completion of an ACGME Accredited Geriatrics Fellowship
- Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Fluent in Russian - preferred, but not mandatory
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Pension, 403(b), 457, Structured Portfolio Investment Plans
- PTO (32)
- CME (5), $3000 Allowance
- Sick Leave (12)
- Long-Term Disability
- Malpractice Insurance w/ Tail
- Life Insurance
- Verizon / AT&T Discount 22%
Learn more about our home, Philadelphia.
Philadelphia is a vibrant and diverse city with vast amount of culture and history. With Washington D.C. and New York in close proximity, Philadelphia is an affordable city in the Northeastern United States. Philadelphia offers world class educational institutions, medical facilities, museums, entertainment, sports venues and restaurants.
- Visit Philadelphia Provides information on events, restaurants, hotels, museums, music, performing arts and historic sites in and around the city. www.visitphilly.com
- City of Philadelphia The official website of the city of Philadelphia offers information about resident services, property, licenses, permits, utilities and city-wide initiatives. www.phila.gov
- PHL Diversity Showcases the city s vibrant multicultural communities by providing multicultural events, exhibits, restaurants, places of worship and organizations. www.discoverphl.com/meet/phldiversity
- To learn about Einstein's Graduate Medical Education Program: www.einstein.edu/graduatemedicaleducation/default.aspx
- To learn more about the Philadelphia and surrounding counties please visit: www.einstein.edu/graduatemedicaleducation/default.aspx
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply for Geriatrician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly