OB/GYN Physician (High Call Hybrid Position)
TPMG is seeking a full-time BE/BC OB/GYN physician to join our team in South Sacramento, CA.
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California and a 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care.
Kaiser Permanente, South Sacramento Medical Center
Schedule: This is a high call hybrid position. The schedule includes two 12 hour L&D shifts each week (can occur Sun-Sat, Days or Nights), plus one day (Monday - Friday) in the office. The provider will not carry a panel. The position is a 0.8 FTE career track.
We are a collaborative OB team of hospitalists/hybrids (hospital and office work)/generalists (hospital/MIGS and office work) and Nurse midwives. LD shifts are 12 hours. Hospitalists will care for patients in ED, Labor and Delivery/postpartum, and cross cover for all hospitalized OB/GYN patients. They will conduct inpatient consults as well as answer questions from Clinics or the Call Center. Hospitalists will work as a team with fellow MDs and CNM’s on L&D duties and assisting with antepartum testing. All shifts are with a fellow physician. Hospitalists are expected to be the primary surgeon on high number c-sections and assist fellow OB/GYN MD on all surgical cases. They are also responsible for covering other hospitalist inboxes, secure messages, results, and cosigning CNM orders and evaluations. They provide primary duties on the night shift from 11 pm-4 am. They support postpartum rounds starting at 7 am. Centering experience is a plus. Hospitalists are expected to be leaders in labor and delivery. They provide obstetric expertise and psychological safety to their team and LD staff. They are highly valued and integrated into our larger Ob/GYN physician team.
Our Physicians Enjoy:
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management
- Centralized pap tracking
- Same-day radiology imaging, ultrasounds, CT’s, mammograms, labs and their results
- Immediate consultation with specialists
- Work-life balance including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support
- Physician Wellness Program
- Diverse patient population
- Competitive compensation package
- A high-tech environment that includes video visits and other Kaiser Permanente supported mobile device options
- Mentorship Program
- Paid Time Off (Additional time worked may be paid or accrued and taken as time off)
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Home Loan Program & Relocation Assistance (approval required)
- Leadership and teaching opportunities
- Shareholder within 3 years
Please visit our website to view all of our OB/GYN opportunities located in Northern, CA: http://physiciancareers-ncal.kp.org
We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer | VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply for OB/GYN Physician (High Call Hybrid Position)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly