Hematology/ Oncology Faculty Position
- Baystate Health
- Springfield, Massachusetts
- Closing date
- Feb 8, 2022
- Full Time
- Position Type
- Permanent, Academic/Teaching
Hematology/ Oncology Faculty Position
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the University Of Massachusetts Chen Medical School – Baystate, is seeking a Hematologist to join our benign and malignant hematology service and Baystate’s extensive network in Western Massachusetts.
Position Highlights –
• Join Baystate’s integrated cancer program with extensive expertise and team work including 12 physicians, 9 APCs, and 6 Hem/Onc Fellows who provide interdisciplinary clinics across 5 locations in western MA.
• As an extremely team oriented & disease site specialized division, Medical Oncology/Radiation Oncology/Surgical Oncology reside in a shared suite.
• Faculty appointment to UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate and opportunity to teach our hem/onc fellows, residents, and medical students.
• Optimum quality of life within Western, MA. – Great schools & suburban living, international airport within 25 miles to Springfield, MA, reasonable commute to larger cities.
• Certified ASCO Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) program. Strong focus on value, evidence-based care and quality improvement.
YOU BELONG HERE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Qualifications: Outstanding clinical, clinical research and teaching skills. An interest in clinical trials or other clinical research relevant to the patient with blood disorders would be an asset. Our experienced physicians can provide excellent mentorship to those early in their careers.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Wilson Mertens, MD, Vice President and Medical Director, Cancer Services
Baystate Regional Cancer Program, Baystate Health
c/o Paige Livingston, FASPR Physician & APP Recruiter
Phone: 413-794-7847 Fax: 413-794-5059
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected
Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and is home to the prestigious University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. Together with three community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital and Baystate Primary Care Medical Practices, we offer a diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians to advance their career.
The Pioneer Valley is a thriving area located in western Massachusetts and provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert