Physician - Palliative Medicine
Palliative Care: opportunity at our Southshore flagship hospital, Ochsner Medical Center- New Orleans.
Candidates must be fellowship trained and/or board certified or eligible through primary specialty. HMDC with a demonstrated capability of providing palliative medicine also considered.
- Provide an extra layer of support to patients with serious illness
- Consultations: inpatient, embedded supportive oncology clinic, free standing outpatient clinic, and post-acute facilities (LTACH/Rehab/SNF).
- Provide medical care related to symptom management.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team to develop a written plan of care.
- Develop and facilitates goals of care conversations for patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Actively participates in process improvement related to system and department goals.
- Participate in specialty team meetings.
- Serve as collaborating physician to advanced practice providers
- Staff inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic with advance practice providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- EPIC electronic health record system
Additional Clinical/administrative opportunities:
- Teaching/mentoring of students, residents, and multispecialty fellows
- Director of quality improvement
- Director of clinical research
- Leadership/associate program director of palliative medicine and supportive care fellowship
Compensation & Benefits:
- Benefits include an equitable and clearly delineated compensation plan
- Paid malpractice coverage and a favorable malpractice environment in Louisiana
- Tax-free spending accounts
- Generous retirement benefits (401k, 403b, deferred compensation plans)
- CME allowance.
Interested physicians should apply HERE
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Physician - Palliative Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly