Cardiothoracic Critical Care Intensivist Opportunity
Spectrum Health Medical Group are seeking a Cardiothoracic Critical Care Physician to join the Heart & Vascular Institute. The ideal candidate skillset would encompass the perioperative care of heart & lung transplantation, LVAD, MCS, and adult cardiac surgery. In addition, experience of caring for patients undergoing thoracic surgery procedures, interventional cardiology, structural heart (TAVR, TMVR), EP procedures, ACHD and AHF patients. This is a great opportunity to work at the state-of-the-art Meijer Heart Center.
We will consider those with a background in internal medicine, pulmonology, surgery, and anesthesia with appropriate cardiothoracic critical care experience.
- 1500 open heart surgeries per year, 100+ ECMO runs per year, 30 VADs, 20 OHTx, 40+ lung Tx, 300 TAVRs
- A 24/7/365 cardiogenic shock service which implements state of the art mechanical circulatory support for cardiac arrest and cardiogenic shock patients.
- A 10-bed cardiovascular recovery unit in addition to a 22-bed cardiothoracic critical care unit support this activity
- Established ACGME rotations through the CTCC from vascular and general surgery
- Competitive salary and benefits, moving expense allotment.
- Research is supported by the Director of the DeVos Cardiovascular Research program.
- BC/BE Cardiothoracic Critical Care Intensivist or Pulmonologist, CT Surgery, CT Anesthesia, Advanced heart failure cardiologist with experience of CTCC.
- Experience/board certification in TTE and/or TEE (preferred, not mandatory)
- Experience of VAD/transplant/ECMO (VA & VV) management or clinical fellowship in this clinical area
Grand Rapids Highlights:
- Grand Rapids is the second largest city in the state of Michigan and was ranked by Forbes Magazine as the #1 City for raising a family in 2014.
- Located just 35 minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan and 2.5 hours from Chicago, the metropolitan area population is 750,000 with a 3 million population primary service area.
- With a vibrant downtown, award winning restaurants and breweries, multiple cultural venues and events, professional sports, and the world’s largest art competition, ArtPrize, Grand Rapids is a fantastic place to call home!
For consideration, please contact Marianna Robinson, Physician Recruiter, at 616.486.6684 or apply to the link below at:
Apply for Cardiothoracic Critical Care Intensivist Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly