We are seeking a Full-Time Physician to work in the Emergency Department at South Bay Hospital located in the SouthShore Community of the Tampa Bay Region. We emphasize quality emergency care, dedicated customer service, professional and personal growth. This is a very stable and well respected EM group and offers the right professional a unique opportunity for a diverse practice experience. Candidates should be BP/BC EM (ABEM/AOBEM)
- Hospital Beds: 138
- ED Volume: 22,000
- ED Beds: 12 + 4 Fast Track Beds
- ED Coverage: 24 hrs. of physician coverage per day; 12 hours of APP coverage per day
- Admission rate 30% (mostly geriatrics)
- Sister Facility to the North - Brandon Regional north takes most transfers Peds Ob-Gyn
- Sister Facility to the South - Blake Hospital takes Trauma both are HCA
- Certified Stroke Center Primary no intervention
- 24 hour Radiology Reads (on all studies)
South Bay Hospital is a 138-bed, acute care hospital serving Sun City Center, Ruskin, Wimauma, Riverview, Apollo Beach, Gibsonton and the surrounding areas. With 185 physicians and 550 employees, the hospital is located just off of I-75, which provides easy access to Tampa, the airport and a wide range of sporting and cultural events.COMMUNITY INFORMATION
The hospital just completed a major expansion which includes a three-story patient tower, beautiful private rooms and state of the art ICUs.
South Bay is an accredited Chest Pain Center, Advanced Primary Stroke Center and certified in Joint Replacement Hip and Total Knee, Heart Failure and Sepsis by The Joint Commission. The hospital offers a wide range of services including general and vascular surgery, urology, cardiology, orthopedic, and spine surgery. South Bay Hospital was the only hospital in Hillsborough County recognized as a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission for 5 consecutive years and Certified in Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission and a Joint Commission Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
Sun City Center is one of Florida s most affordable active living senior communities. It is a safe place where residents feel secure while enjoying the year-round, outdoor life style that Florida offers. Sun City Center is conveniently located with medical, shopping, education, Veterans support and entertainment resources close at hand.
There are plenty of amusement parks, museums, outdoor activities, and major-league professional sports, including baseball (Devil Rays), football (Buccaneers), and hockey (Lightning). Nearby beaches and especially those to the south near Bradenton are attractions for locals and tourists alike. Transportation and air service are excellent. Beachside areas in Clearwater and St. Petersburg are nearby, with palm-tree lined boulevards and pockets of interesting restaurants and shops.
- Great fishing year round in Tampa Bay and the Gulf
- Golf year round at nearly 100 courses in the Tampa area
- Tampa Bay beaches as close as 15 minutes & Gulf Coast beaches as close as 45 minutes
- Major Sporting Teams and Attractions
http://www.suncitycenter.org/visitors/location.htmlBENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.COMPANY INFORMATION
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.