Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Surgeon
The Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is seeking an Orthopedic Foot and Ankle surgeon to join our dynamic team of foot and ankle surgeons, advanced practitioners, residents, and fellow. This team provides comprehensive clinical care with a broad spectrum of ongoing research activities. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in clinical excellence, teaching, and research. This is a full-time position and appointment is at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in either the clinical track or tenure track dependent upon the qualifications and goals of the individual.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.
- The candidate must be a graduate of an approved medical college
- The candidate must have graduated from a fully accredited orthopedic residency
- The candidate must have completed a one-year orthopedic foot and ankle fellowship program
- Medical licensure and/or eligibility in the state of Iowa
- Excellent clinical and academic credentials
- Experience working in a team setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to ongoing performance improvement
- Experience promoting a diverse workforce in an academic environment
- The candidate must be a Board-certified or Board-eligible orthopedic surgeon
- Interest in research evidenced by publications, grants, or other scholarly work
- Experience in education including teaching of residents and or medical or other students
- Evidence of leadership in local, regional, or national organizations including committee work, honors and awards or other service activities
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.
Apply for Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly