Board Certified physicians (MDs) to serve as Final Medical Review (FMR) Panelists on the FMR Board
- Position Type
The Coordinator of the Final Medical Review Board for the New York City Employees’ Retirement System (NYCERS) is recruiting Board Certified physicians (MDs) to serve as Final Medical Review (FMR) Panelists on the FMR Board. The FMR Board is an independent board of licensed physicians responsible for rendering final and conclusive determination of disability, accident and/or causation, for NYCERS members who have filed an application for disability benefits, been denied by the NYCERS Medical Board, and have elected a review by the FMR Board.
To apply for this position, physicians must:
- Be a Board-Certified physician (MD) in one of the following specialties:
Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Have at least 10 years of practice experience and Specialty Board Eligibility/ Certification in their respective specialties
- Be willing to perform their duties, in person, at their office location/facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction and guidance of the FMR Coordinator, the FMR Panelist will:
- Ensure that they understand the rules and regulations governing their role as FMR Board member
- Accept cases referred by the coordinator
- Receive and review all medical evidence from NYCERS related to a member’s disability denial and render a final determination of disability, accident and/or causation
- Provide a schedule of allocated appointment dates and times for an in-person or virtual interview with the disability applicant; and
- Draft and submit, within two (2) weeks of the interview, a written report to the FMR Coordinator, with an approval or denial recommendation.
- FMR Board members are paid a fee of $600 per case. The anticipated caseload is 25-50 cases per year.
- Current or former NYCERS members or retirees are not eligible for consideration.
Please send CVs to FMRjob@nycers.org
Apply for Board Certified physicians (MDs) to serve as Final Medical Review (FMR) Panelists on the FMR Board
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly