Clinical Director, Occupational and Environmental Medicine
MIT Medical seeks a clinical director to evaluate, develop, plan, lead, and execute occupational and environmental health and safety programs/activities.
- Work with MIT Environment, Health and Safety on the development of EHS programs that provide industry-leading support to all facets of the Institute, including site research laboratories, classrooms, and employee work areas
- Continually improve and enhance the occupational and environmental safety culture and training programs
- Plan, implement, evaluate, and analyze employee health services, including pre-employment screening, annual health assessments, immunizations, work-related exposures, illnesses, and injuries
- Collaborate with central Human Resources on the management of claims for worker’s compensation, providing oversight of medical care for employees with actual/potential work-related medical concerns
- Assist with developing and delivering the employee and patient safety program
- MD/DO from an accredited school of medicine/osteopathy
- Board certification in occupational medicine, internal medicine, family medicine, or emergency medicine
- Five years’ occupational/employee health experience
- Active license to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current certification in basic life support (BLS)
- Valid prescriptive authority from the MA DPH-DCP and federal DEA
- Expert-level knowledge of pertinent occupational health and infection control regulatory, accrediting, and advisory body requirements
- Ability to push, pull, and lift 20 lbs.; perform tasks requiring hand steadiness (e.g., taking blood pressures and administering injections); remain in uncomfortable positions for prolonged periods, (e.g.,providing CPR and bending over examination tables); and inspect objects closely, distinguish voice patterns and auscultatory sounds, and pay attention to fine details despite interruptions
- Completion of accredited occupational medicine residency/fellowship
- DOT certified medical examiner
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certification
- Management experience
Interested candidates may apply online at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please reference job number 20302.
MIT is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strongly encourage applications from individuals from all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive equitable consideration for employment based on their experience and qualifications, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. MIT’s full policy on Nondiscrimination can be found here.
Apply for Clinical Director, Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly