Offsite Senior Physician Associate
Seeking an experienced Offsite Senior Physician Associate to work throughout our Urgent Care Network (Dumbo, Inwood, Columbus Ave and Brooklyn Heights).
Responsible for patient care with supervising physician, and in collaboration with associated medical teams and staffing. Performs a broad spectrum of care regarding critical thinking, diagnosis, ordering of medications and diagnostics, and performance of corrective, preventive and therapeutic measures in the inpatient, surgical, and/or outpatient setting. Assumes medical staff privileging under the scope of practice of a delegated physician determined by Mount Sinai Health System, and the department of hire. The Senior PA will have clinical expertise in the specialty of hire of greater than 2 years and demonstrate leadership and management attributes for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for patient care regarding patient management, diagnosis, treatment planning and ordering of pertinent tests, therapeutics and medications as noted by NYS law and hospital policy/by-laws (includes controlled substances with DEA licensure).
- Writes accurately and in timely manner into patient records for all pertinent care, status changes, orders, progress notes, procedure notes and admit/discharge notes as designated by the clinical area of hire.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate effectively with medical teams and other associated staffing.
- Provides consultation to nursing and ancillary medical teams and staff of patient condition and plan of care.
- Works collaboratively with supervising physician(s) and care team in a timely manner with respect, and with the goals of patient-centered safety and quality as a priority.
- Performs delegated clinical duties and tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Practices within scope of the Supervising Physician.
- Communicates assessment, treatment and care planning to patient, families and designated caretakers in effective and compassionate manner.
- Facilitates patient continuity of care for across multi-disciplinary services, and participates in effective, safe and efficient throughput of patients.
- Knowledge and adherence of clinical and institutional policy and procedure related to clinical practice and hospital/practice site operations.
- Shows competency and continued practice in privileges associated to area of clinical care.
- Maintains required certifications and licensure as per Medical Staff policy and maintains active Mount Sinai Health System privileges as delegated by Medical Staff Services and Chair for the department of hire.
- Promotes self-learning and maintenance of continued medical education (CME) requirements for board certification and practice of evidenced-based medicine.
- Promotes a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Mount Sinai Health System’s Mission, Vision and Values; and incorporates to delivery of care for patients and teamwork.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment adhering to infection control standards, policies and guidelines of hospital and regulatory bodies.
- Serves as clinical expert as a PA in the area of hire to fellow PAs, medical team members and staff.
- Serves as preceptor and mentor to PA Staff, medical teams and students.
- Promotes self-development and growth as a clinical leader with expertise in designated clinical area.
- Contributes to the knowledge of clinical area of expertise through writing, teaching, research, and/or forma/informal presentations.
- Participates in interdisciplinary meetings to improve patient care, quality, safety and throughput
- Physical ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift and demonstrate dexterity for short or extended periods of time.
- Ability to work throughout the Urgent Care Network sites as needed (this includes: Dumbo, Inwood, Columbus Ave and Brooklyn Heights as needed)
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in an Emergency Room or Urgent Care Center setting
- Graduation from Accredited Physician Assistant Program, Masters preferred
- NCCPA Board Certification
- New York State Licensure
- DEA Licensure
- BLS and ACLS Certification
- Infection Control Certification
- Noted prior experience working independently
- Basic Microsoft Office Use
- PreviousEpic software use preferred
To apply to this position:
Send your Resume specifying this role title to Toya Barber, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Mount Sinai Health System, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. The Urgent Care Center Network at Mount Sinai- An EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply for Offsite Senior Physician Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly