Medical Director for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine Program
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is seeking a dynamic Medical Director for our Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine Program!
A unique and essential role within the system and supporting our community, the Medical Director provides operational and administrative services for the three Wound Healing and two Hyperbaric Medicine Centers located within the Inova Heath System, with primary support through Inova Mount Vernon Hospital. A portion of the Medical Directors time is dedicated to the delivery of direct patient care in the Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine Program. The Medical Director is responsible for clinical direction of the Wound Healing and HBO Centers as well as for the development, implementation, and oversight of policies and procedures as they apply to the provision of wound care services. In partnership with the responsible Administrator, the Medical Director: identifies strategies, plans, and budgets for the Wound Healing Center, and establishes benchmarks for the successful delivery of wound care services.
- Responsible for delivering high quality, evidence based care to the patients igned to their caseload throughout each of the wound healing and hyperbaric medicine centers.
- Provides clinical medical direction for the wound healing centers and hyperbaric medicine units.
- Develops patient care policies and procedures for both programs.
- Provides medical direction and supervision to the Inova Mount Vernon Hospital Wound Healing Centers Advanced Practice Providers (PA-C’s and F-NP). This includes chart reviews, performance evaluations, and partnership in patient care.
- Responsible for the overall supervision of paneled physicians, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners working in the programs.
- In conjunction with the appropriate administrator, develops a quality improvement (QI) program. Audits Physician and Provider Panelist charting on a regular basis.
- Plans and implements the ongoing continuing medical education (CME) and research programs. Performs various education functions within the clinic settings.
- Ensures that the programs conform with the bylaws, rules, and regulations of the Hospital Medical Staff and all appropriate Federal, State, or Local laws and regulations.
- Develops and implements a process for the evaluation of physician criteria and the granting of privileges to provide wound care services in accordance with Hospital and Medical staff bylaws.
- Develops, reviews, and approves all operating policies and procedures for the wound healing centers in partnership with designated administrator.
- In conjunction with the administrator identifies and recommends objectives for the Wound Healing Center consistent with Inova Health System goals.
- At the request of the Administrator participates in matters relating to capital equipment and facility renovation orders of the wound healing center.
- Assures compliance of Medical Staff with the Joint Commission standards and Virginia Public Health regulations as well as with other Federal, State, and local regulations and other professional accreditation standards applicable to the wound healing centers.
- Represents Inova Health System’s interests to external organizations concerned with wound care services and management.
- In partnership with designated administrator develops and implements a marketing and visibility plan.
Ideally, the Medical Director would have the following:
- Outpatient wound care experience
- Experience with wound and hyperbaric coding, billing, and documentation
- Previous leadership role (preferred)
- Experience with teaching in a public forum
- Experience with publication and research
- Leadership at a national level (ie: national leadership/presence)
- An understanding of business development and strategic planning
- Experience with marketing and community outreach/involvement
- Familiarity with UHMS accreditation site survey experience
- Experience with quality and process improvement initiatives
- Licenses as a physician in the Commonwealth of Virginia
• Board Certified by an appropriate specialty board and has extensive knowledge and experience in the administration of HBO Therapy Services and the delivery of Hyperbaric oxygen therapy to all relevant patient populations.
• Board certified in hyperbaric medicine (preferred)
• Special training and certification in Advanced Trauma Life Support and cardiac resuscitation.
• Completion of a UHMS approved 40 hour course in Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
• A high level of interpersonal skills to allow effective communications with a wide variety of hospital personnel, physicians, and the general public.
• Significant hospital based wound care and hyperbaric medicine experience and expertise.
• Documented interest and experience in wound care and hyperbaric medicine education and research, including lecturing and participation in internal clinical and administrative peer review literature.
For more information, please contact Allison.Spindle@inova.org or send your CV to apply!
Apply for Medical Director for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly