Physician Medical Evaluation Board
You will serve as a Medical Evaluation Board Physician located in the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Military Treatment Facility.
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT. Section 1109 of the National Defense Authorization Act FY 2020 Public Law 116-92 amended Section 9905 of title 5, United States Code to streamline and simplify certain DOD civilian Direct Hire Authorities to recruit and appoint qualified candidates directly to certain positions in the competitive service in the DOD.
- You will serve as a Disability Evaluation System (DES) expert, consultant, and advisor to engage in Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) administration, evaluation, and finalization of Medical Evaluation Board Reports (MEBR)
- You will evaluate patients for fitness for duty by conducting complex and comprehensive reviews
- You will attend and participate in monthly reviews
- You will conduct research with all care providers and recommend course of action
- You will oversee all medical readiness processes
- You will conduct training and serve as a medical expert on the MEB process to residents, interns, and other medical students/staff
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exception is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
APPLY NOW! This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 11-09-2021 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Depending on staffing needs a 2nd cut-off date may be used.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
- DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation.
- LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- RESIDENCY: Applicants must have successfully completed 4 years of graduate (i.e., residency) training of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training. Your resume must reflect that you have sufficient level of Physician Medical Evaluation Board experience to perform the core responsibilities of this position at the GP-14 level.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTORS: This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is:
- Possession of a Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification
- Completion of a residency program approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible
- Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice as Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required)
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges
- Board certification is desired but not required
Your complete resume including beginning and ending dates, month and year, detail description of duties performed, etc. for each experience must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 01/18/2022. If more than one resume is received, only the last resume received and processed will be reviewed. Send your resume only to medjobs @navy.mil (no SSN or pictures please). Insert HC11271406MED in your subject line.
To learn more about the position, please visit: https ://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/618777600
Apply for Physician Medical Evaluation Board
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly