Hematologist/Oncologist Opportunities with Kaiser Permanente in Northern & Central California
Kaiser Permanente / The Permanente Medical Group
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG - Kaiser Permanente Northern California) is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California, and an over 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. We currently have the following opportunities:
San Jose, California
We currently have a 4 day/week (0.8 FTE) opening to join our team in San Jose, California. In this outpatient role, we are looking for an individual with a strong Hematology background with a practice focused on hematology patients (benign and malignant heme) and can incorporate oncology subspecialty as well. On call 1 every 6-7 weeks. There is opportunity to participate in and be part of a sub-specialty regional hematology groups, clinical trial enrollment (SWOG, ECOG, NRG, NCI), teaching, case conferences, and Commission on Cancer Accredited team who focuses on state-of-the-art personalized cancer care.
SAN JOSE/SANTA CLARA COUNTY OFFERS:
- An opportunity to live and work in the Silicon Valley
- Many opportunities for outside recreation, and sports with easy access to beaches, mountains, and parks
- Diverse community and schools, hub for tech companies, and environment for innovation
- Good climate, shopping, restaurants, and entertainment
- Driving distance to Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Carmel, and Monterey
Santa Rosa, California
We currently have a full-time weekday opening to join our team in Santa Rosa, California. In this outpatient role, you will see a mix of oncology and hematology patients, or oncology only if preferred.
SANTA ROSA/SONOMA COUNTY OFFERS:
- An opportunity to live and work in the same community - most of our physicians live in Sonoma County.
- Ample opportunities to pursue your own health and wellness while working hard to encourage your patients to do the same.
- Something for everyone: from the trails at Howarth Park and in Sebastopol to wide-open spaces to kayaking in Spring Lake or on the Russian River to a vibrant arts scene.
- Farm to Table: summer nights at Coppola Winery with a live Salsa band to the first signs of Spring in Windsor to Hale’s Apple Farm in Sebastopol and jogging through the Fall colors in Healdsburg.
- A taste of the Good Life and everything in between – redwood groves, coastal views, whale watching, and rolling farmland.
- Easy access to San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and San Jose.
We currently have a full-time opening to join our team in Fresno, California for a physician with a strong malignant hematology background. There is an opportunity to subspecialize in solid tumor (preference gyn onc), and call is 1 in 5. You can also participate in teaching, National clinical trials (SWOG, ECOG, NRG, NCI), and Commission on Cancer Accredited team who focuses on state-of-the-art personalized cancer care.
- Located in central California, between Los Angeles and San Francisco, the area features mild winters and warm summers.
- Home to some of our state’s most popular recreation areas – Yosemite National Park, Sierra National Forest, Kings Canyon National Park, and Sequoia National Park
- Easy access to the Central Coast, two hours away, for deep-sea fishing and surfing or explore the Fresno-Clovis metropolitan area’s art galleries and studios every month during Art Hop, a free, self-guided open house and tour.
- Affordable home prices, reasonable cost-of-living, top-tier schools, and great central California location, it’s no wonder so many people love to call Fresno their home.
- Perfect balance of big-city living and small-town charm.
We currently have a full-time opening to join our team in Sacramento, California. Our preference is for someone with a strong hematology (especially malignant) background who can join our Leukemia/Lymphoma Center of Excellence. Call is 1 in 6 typically, with weekend calls divided amongst 19 physicians. There are opportunities to participate in and be part of a sub-specialty regional hematology groups, clinical trial enrollment (SWOG, ECOG, NRG, NCI), teaching, and Commission on Cancer Accredited team who focuses on state-of-the-art personalized cancer care.
THE SACRAMENTO AREA OFFERS:
- An active lifestyle while enjoying a varied and fulfilling practice
- Family-oriented communities with spacious parks and tree-lined streets, including some of California’s most affordable housing and excellent schools
- The urban benefits of great shopping, outstanding restaurants, and cultural activities
- Proximity to destinations such as San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, and the stunning Pacific Coast
- Perfect climate for outdoor recreational pursuits
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Opportunity for growth in your area of interest, as well as professional autonomy.
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support.
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing.
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management.
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental
- Moving allowance and home loan assistance - up to $200,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including pension
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at: tpmg.permanente.org.
If you are interested in applying, please send CV to Judy Padilla at: Judy.G.Padilla@kp.org or call: 510-625-5915. We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Connect With Us: