Washington University School of Medicine’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery — Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) Musculoskeletal Division — seeks a full-time clinical faculty member (rank commensurate with experience), to join our high-volume practice. This position reports to the division chief.
Clinical: Clinical responsibilities of this position include developing a full-time PM&R academic clinical practice.
- Washington University enjoys strong brand awareness and has a reputation for providing premier clinical care regionally and nationally.
- The PM&R division at Washington University Orthopedics has a regional, national and international reputation for excellence in care, including spine, sports disorders and diagnosis and care of the whole person.
- The PM&R physicians work closely with colleagues in each of the Department’s 10 clinical divisions, and across the departments of neurological surgery, anesthesiology and radiology — to provide optimum care.
Academic Instruction: Academic responsibilities include active participation in, and commitment to, PM&R fellow, resident and medical student education, including:
- Clinical training and teaching.
- Participating in conferences, journal clubs and related activities.
Research: The faculty member will conduct research (clinical, basic science, translational and/or biomechanics), working with researchers within the department and across Washington University School of Medicine. Our research coordinators have a long history of research contribution, with a focus on treatment strategies and outcomes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Required: All applicants must have completed, or be in the process of completing, a PM&R fellowship training program. All applicants must be board certified or board eligible, and must be eligible to obtain a permanent Missouri medical license.
Applicants should hold expertise in electromyography and ultrasound- and fluoroscopically-guided procedures and have a commitment to sports coverage.
Additional Qualifications: A dedication to excellence in patient care and teaching, and an interest in clinical, basic science, translational and/or biomechanics research.About Washington University Orthopedics
OUR MISSION AND VISION
Our mission is to have a national and international impact on orthopedics through excellence in clinical care, education, research and leadership. Our vision is to grow our impact on patients and our community by improving access and outcomes, to expand our geographic footprint, to train the next generation of orthopedic surgical leaders, and to transform the future of orthopedic care through discovery and innovation.
Washington University provides comprehensive and competitive benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation plus productivity earning
- Year-end bonus based on division profitability
- Retirement savings plan
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent
- Discretionary allowance for approved professional and
- education expenses
- Free MetroLink/bus pass
- Free life insurance
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Long-term disability insurance
- Flex spending plan
For a summary of benefits, visit hr.wustl.edu
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for PMR Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly