Vice President of Physician Services
This position will based near Goldsboro, NC. It will support inpatient services in eastern North Carolina.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Assists with the management oversight and accountability of clinical services for UNC Physicians Network, including: Ensuring the goals and operating procedures of clinical areas align with the priorities of UNC Physicians Network and UNC Physicians helping to support partnerships with hosptial leadership; In partnership with VP Operations, plan and execute annual budgets and personnel management of clinical areas;
- Partners closely in dyad with VP Operations to ensure optimal patient, staff, and clinician experience while ensuring exceptional quality of care.
- Manage physicians including: Developing and maintaining standard expectations and performance metrics for all Executive Medical Directors, providers and service leader contracts; Providing supervision of all medical staff; Collaborating with physician and senior leaders to address instances of unmet performance metrics/expectations. Guides professional development of the Executive Medical Directors.
- Leading Change working effectively with the Senior Leaderhip Team to help initiate and manage the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Partnering with hospital leadership to understand their needs and objectives. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
- Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
- Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school; MD or DO Degree is required, as is Board Certification in a clinical discipline.
- Board Certification in a clinical discipline.
- Four (4) years of clinical practice is required. Progressive physician leadership experience is required.
Exceptional relationship building and networking skills. Able to navigate a highly matrixed Healthcare System. Knows how to effectively partner with medical and administrative staff and others to improve quality and value of care. Outstanding communication skills. Can express opinions openly and non-defensively.
Strong work ethic, unquestionable integrity and character.
Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate, and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
Visible leader who approaches leadership through regular, direct communication with medical staff, senior leaders, directors, hospital leadership and staff.
Possesses strong knowledge of the healthcare field including current and future trends, technology and information affecting the field and organization.
Ability to negotiate and maneuver through complex situations and resolve complicated problems and issues.
Apply for Vice President of Physician Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly