Come experience Ketchikan, Alaska - a friendly, family-oriented community in scenic Southeast Alaska, just an hour and a half flight from Seattle. Perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, cultural art aficionados or for those seeking a small-town, leisure lifestyle. Enjoy the idyllic scenery, abundant wildlife, and great opportunities for hiking, fishing, boating. Entrance to the famed Inside passage, a network of waterways, Ketchikan is on an island accessible by jet or ferry. Excellent schools, and a strong local economy, the Ketchikan community boasts an incredibly rich, native culture. The southern tip of the panhandle calls itself the Salmon Capital of the World.
Here are other great reasons why you'll love Ketchikan:
- *Housing with world class views! No matter where you live the views are sure to be extraordinary.
- *USA Today named Ketchikan as the "best city in Alaska to live" noting health outcomes, restaurants, bars, and tourism as some of the top reasons.
- *It's the "Salmon Capital of the World." Huge runs of salmon migrate from the ocean in to the local waters. Other abundant seafood include; halibut, shrimp, crab, oysters, cod and so much more!
- *Kayak the local waters and enjoy some of the most scenic views in the world. Don't forget to make your way to the seven state parks on the island!
- *Art & Culture: Home to a diverse population of artists that captures Alaska's beauty and cultural attributes. You'll also find frequent theater and musical performances all year long!
- *Schools in Ketchikan are top notch. the city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools, public & private schooling, and a satellite campus for the University of Alaska.
- *Great access to the lower 48! Just a 90 minute direct flight to and from Seattle.
- Flexibility to work at a 0.5 up to a 0.8FTE.
- Team consists of 2 Physicians and 3 CRNA's.
- 1:3.5 call. First off post call day.
- Bread and butter practice. GI, Ortho, Ultrasound regional, OB, occasional trauma, and general Anesthesia. Must be comfortable with critical patients.
- Chronic Pain experience is a plus!
- EPIC EMR System.
- Comprehensive benefits including sign on and relocation bonuses.
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of Southeast Alaska since 1923 with Ketchikan Medical Center, a 25-bed critical-access hospital offering comprehensive trauma care, outpatient and home health services, and a 29-bed long-term care facility. Primary and specialty medical care is provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group?Ketchikan and Prince of Wales Island. Our Trauma IV emergency department operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, staffed by physicians who are independent contractors employed by National Emergency Services (NES).
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Apply for Anesthesiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly