Academic Chief of Hospital Medicine: Miami
Merritt Hawkins has partnered with University of Miami Miller School of Medicine to conduct a national search for the new Division Chief of Hospital Medicine. We seek candidates who have the experience, skill-set, and national reputation to enhance the overall academic mission of the program.
- The ideal candidate will be a visionary with demonstrated operational and leadership skills, an established researcher with a track record of extramural funding, a recognized clinician, and a reputable educator with a collaborative approach and ability to navigate complex systems.
- The Division Chief will have the opportunity and resources to foster and build an innovative division that realizes the significant academic and clinical potential of clinical, translational, and basic science faculty.
- The Division of Hospital Medicine was created in 2007 and provides patient services at UHealth Tower, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, and Jackson Memorial Health Systems.
- Patient care teams are comprised of physicians and a collaborating APRN and carry a patient census of 20 per day resulting in a patient to provider ratio of 10;1 providing ample time to balance the overall personalized care from admission to discharge, coordination care with outpatient providers, speaking with consultants, and discussion a daily care plan with families.
- Among our distinguished faculty are key leaders in the UM Internal Medicine Residency Program, Directors for The UM School of Medicine Clerkship, Bascom Palmer Service and Procedures Program, and nationally recognized speakers for the Society of Hospital Medicine. Many of our faculty are engaged in Quality Improvement initiatives and Patient Safety.
- Faculty are poised for a new leader to assume this position by providing strong leadership and mentoring for continued professional development.
Live and Work in Sun-Soaked Miami
In addition to enjoying an outstanding professional opportunity, the Division Chief will enjoy living in one of the most beautiful, dynamic, and multicultural cities in the world. Miami is the cultural and financial center of South Florida and is one of the nation's most well-rounded metropolitan destinations due to its arts scene, shopping, and family attractions. Miami has everything to offer—from beautiful beaches to great restaurants and excellent public and private school options.
Successful applicants will have a medical degree (MD/DO/MBBS), board certification in internal medicine, and at least five years of administrative or leadership experience. Applicants who have a demonstrated contribution to clinical growth, a record of impactful scientific discovery, a reputation for mentorship and teaching, and a commitment to faculty development will be highly considered.
UM values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact David King at email@example.com or at 866-406-0269 and reference HOSP-135207